Big Fish! What did I find???

Moderators: Doug Vahrenberg, Triton Mike

Doug Vahrenberg

Big Fish! What did I find???

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Here's an image I just captured. Check out the Big Fish can you guess what I found?

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Big Fish! What did I find???

This is where Humminbird Side Imaging Zoom comes in handy...

This is an image of 3 Spoonbills see the "Bills"

The 3 Spoonbill are at a variety of different heights look at the distance the sonar shadows are away from the fish.

Fish at top of screen is farther from the both approximately 19' but closer to the bottom since sonar shadow is closer. The Middle fish is about 17' from the transducer but suspended higher since the sonar shadow is farther away that the top fish. The fish at the bottom of the image is about 15' from the transducer but suspended high in the water column since the shad is farthest away from the return.

BTW all the scattered white dots are Crappie all over this area as there was probably 50 boats in this old channel below the dam and everyone was yanking them in...

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Doug,
What were the crappie relating to? It looks like pretty bare bottom.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Doug Vahrenberg

This is the old dead channel below a spillway and they were running lots of water thru the dam so the dead water was relief for the fish so they didn't have to swim all the time.