san luis res. report

Luckyfisherman

san luis res. report

Post by Luckyfisherman »

Went out to San luis last saturday evenning. Me and my cousins caught a total of 3 stripers in the 30 inch to 37 inch range off of basalt. Other people fishing in the area also caught the same size stripers. We were dunking anchovies and blown up blood worms. We probably caught and release more then 20 small stripers like 15-16 inch range. Will go out again this weekend. Also ran into a Ranger at the aqueduct a couple of days before and he reported that people were catching large stripers in Romero side or something.
frankc

Re: san luis res. report

Post by frankc »

hey lucky,nice going....did you fish all night long ? and do you use a slip sinker with a 18 inch line below ? i went out sat morn and it was windy and i threw top,sub, and flukes and nothing....one of these days i am going to meet up with you, as much as you and i go i never seen you......
Luckyfisherman

Post by Luckyfisherman »

You've probably seen me just didn't know me. Anyways, I use a slip sinker with a 18" to 20" line below tied to a two hole swivel(just like a carolina rig) Also, depending on how strong the waves are moving I'll start with a 2 oz. slip sinker then either move up or down depending on the waves. We start fishing like around 6pm to 10pm. Usually I use plastics and topwaters, but lately I just gave up and found more success dunking than casting lures out. I'm usually a bass fisherman, but in the last couple months its been all stripers. I try to get out to san luis or the aquecuct once a week.
frankc

Post by frankc »

thanks lucky.........i just started working nights again, so i am going to try my luck at dinosaur pt..aon my way home...........good luck ..........
Luckyfisherman

Post by Luckyfisherman »

Me and my dad went out on friday mornning caught four stripers on pile worms. Stayed all day and waited for the evenning bite. All were at least 10lbs plus. The smallest was 33 inches and the biggest at 37 inches. I also threw storm swimbaits in the 5 inch pearl color and caught several undersized stripers and one keeper at 20 inches. Went back out on Saturday and someone else was fishing the secret spot. We watched them pull in 3 stripers in the 35 inch range. They were already there all day and also caught a 45 incher in the mornning. I didn't catch anything on saturday, but small ones.