Camp Far West Spot

Joe Berge

Camp Far West Spot

Post by Joe Berge »

Elk Grove Bass recently held an event this past Saturday (7/16/2011) at Camp Far West and during the event I was fortunate enough to hook into a 4.75 lb Spotted Bass. I've been fishing Camp Far off and on for a few years now and have not heard nor seen anyone hook up with a Spot larger that 4 lbs. I would assume there are some giant Spots in the lake.....just haven't witnessed it. Does anyone know of bigger Spots that have been caught out there? Thanks!
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (77.8 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles” ~ Doug Larson
biteme

Re: Camp Far West Spot

Post by biteme »

Congrats! So Im guessing you and Wes took 1st?
Joe Berge

Post by Joe Berge »

Unfortunately we took 2nd place! We had trouble culling 2...12.5"ers. We had 12lbs for 5 fish and if we could have culled those 2 fish we might have had over 14lbs.
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles” ~ Doug Larson
lil nitro

Post by lil nitro »

Nice fish Berg!!!
TylerM

Post by TylerM »

Nice fish!! My buddy Anthony hooked into a 4 something during a club tourney at CFW in Jan. There is a pic at sacramentobasstrackers.com
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

Thats a Toad spot anywhere but coming from CFW it's that much better, Congrats :!:

Danny B
bigdaddys

Post by bigdaddys »

my biggest was a 6, several years ago. turkey shoot, last fish of the day. i caught her on the island infront of the dam...
530-329-1373
Joe Berge

Post by Joe Berge »

dbbasser wrote:Thats a Toad spot anywhere but coming from CFW it's that much better, Congrats :!:

Danny B
Thanks Danny! She bit 3 times before I got my hooks in her!
Joe Berge

Post by Joe Berge »

bigdaddys wrote:my biggest was a 6, several years ago. turkey shoot, last fish of the day. i caught her on the island infront of the dam...
That's where I believe more quality fish are found at Camp Far. Right on! That's by far the biggest ive heard of. Do you have a pic?
phishenphool

Post by phishenphool »

Joe was clutch and his decision making was spot on out there at CFW.
You put your time in bro and it showed. :D
Now if could manage to stop dumping tournament fish we could get a "W". :evil:
3 left to get the "W".
With my boat down, the blue beast is our only hope. :mrgreen:
I work to support my fishing addiction
Joe Berge

Post by Joe Berge »

Right on Wes and thanks for the comment. Yeah...we're due for a W! I'm confident we'll make it happen.