Flippin line

BASSINMIKE

Flippin line

Post by BASSINMIKE »

Just wondering what kind of line you guys are using for flippin. I have a Powell 766 flippin stick and have been using P-line 25lb hi vis and am thinking of going to braid. Just trying to figure out what pound test and if I should go braid or not.

Thanks
Mike
Nevadaboy

Re: Flippin line

Post by Nevadaboy »

For flipping I use seaguar invsizX 25lb and for punching I use 65 pound spiderwire fluoro Braid.
ASD

Post by ASD »

flipping seaguar 20lb
punching 65lb power pro
Madbasser

Post by Madbasser »

flipping 17lb XPS flouro
Punching 65lb power pro.
lil nitro

Post by lil nitro »

I like berkley 100% flouro in 25#. I tried 20# but I felt like it is alittle weak for flipping the delta. Also depends on where you are fishing, water color and how dense the cover. If u do switch to braid I would go with 65#. Little more info on what and where your fishing will help.
BASSINMIKE

Post by BASSINMIKE »

Sorry I should have elaborated more on what I was fishing that is what my dilemma is more than anything. Where I fish is requires me to do both punching through heavy vegetation and pitchin to structure and light vegetation. It sounds like braid will be the all around best I guess.

Thanks
Mike
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I use a few different rods. Seagar 20# for pitch and flip. And 65 power pro for punching. I won't put braid anywere near rocks, docks, or anything that will cut it.
LL
bassz21

Post by bassz21 »

Hands down power pro 65lb braid for delta i like 20lb 100% trilene flouro for lakes 17 is good to
thukidad

Post by thukidad »

ASD wrote:flipping seaguar 20lb
punching 65lb power pro
x2
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Mike, here's the thing, punchin is really just a variation of flippen, and one might think they can use the same gear for both, that is not the case. The biggest difference is going to be bait and rig choice. When we're punchin, we're using 1.2-2 oz weighted rigs to blow down through the surface matt. When we're pitchin & Flippin' we are typically using 1/4-1/2 oz baits either of a Texas rigged or Jig bait. Ya can't comfortabley do both with the same rod with out re-riggin yer baits each time ya chose to switch up. Hence why most of us have a rod or two designated to each tactic.

As far as which line ta use, that really is a personal preference kinda thing. I personally never flip with braid, except when punchin. I do a lot of pitchin & flippen in and around the rocks, braid is inferior in that environment to Fluorocarbon. Braid is also far more visable in clear water, hence my preference is Fluoro when pitchin and flippen. When it comes to punchin heavy surface cover, 90# Gorrila Braid is my only choice, it's far superior in this type of vegitation versus the Fluoro.
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

i use braid for flippin and punching. here in the delta u dont have to worry much about flouro. plus braid flips better! if i need flouro or mono i can always use it as a leader on the braid...just super glue the knot and will never break off..(will for me havent break yet)..
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***