Shasta?

ACP

Shasta?

Post by ACP »

Heading to Shasta house boating next week. Any recent reports / conditions? Thanks.
Dewayne

Re: Shasta?

Post by Dewayne »

The last few trips I have made the fishing has been pretty tough for Shasta. The craws are starting to move up and there are fish feeding on them a little better so the jig bite is improving. Been catching some on drop shot and dart head also, but I have been covering a lot of water for a few bites. My bigger fish have been on the main body with better numbers way up the arms.
Dewayne
Barry

Post by Barry »

Fished the McCloud arm last week of July. Found fish in the back of coves and in the willows up toward the bridge. No reaction but 301 spider grubs on a football head jig and 6" Hologram shad or Baby bass worms on drop shot brought in the best fish. If you are taking kids use a bobber and crappie jig set up to catch all the 6 to 8 inchers you want.
Found fish in 5 to 30 ft. Good luck.
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

If there is a crawdad bite make sure you take some worms in Warmouth. You can dart head them or use them as trailer. That color works great up there.
Zedonis

Post by Zedonis »

I agree that the spider grub is a good choice now. I would also look a little deeper.
Two weeks ago the best fish (15 to 18") were 15 to 40' and they would take about anything I tossed at them during mid day. I would have tried a spoon too and I think it would have been an outstanding since the bite was pretty reactive in many cases. I fished the upper Sacramento Arm.
Leave behind another steward of the resource.....take a kid fishing
http://legendmarine.com/
bassz21

Post by bassz21 »

Im up here right now. Spider jigs ok but whats been good for me pick up couple bags mothers finest 4in sand color from phils they been eatin that pretty good on drop shot hope this helps