SMALLMOUT IN PINECREST LAKE

Californiakid4

SMALLMOUT IN PINECREST LAKE

Post by Californiakid4 »

Sunday, I took the family up to Pinecrest lake like I've done for the last 20 years and was watching some guys clean their catch for the day. The last fished he pulled out of the bag was a beautiful 2 1/2 lb smallie and full of eggs. The gentlemen said he caught it on a floating fly near the inlet. How long have smallies been in this lake? First time I have ever seen or heard of smallies in this lake.
slkric

Re: SMALLMOUT IN PINECREST LAKE

Post by slkric »

For years......I've only seen and caught small 10"ers in there, never anything of any size.
bayscotter

Post by bayscotter »

You are correct! I was there 2 weeks ago and I caught 10 SM. Nothing of size. I was fishing for trout and I hooked 1 on a castmaster. I then switched to a DS and focused on them instead of trout. I dont know how long they have been there. I haven't been there in 10years before that.
MT

Post by MT »

I think they're redeyes actually
Californiakid4

Post by Californiakid4 »

What part of the lake?
Keith Rakoncza

Post by Keith Rakoncza »

I have taken my scuba gear up and dove in the lake several times. There are a few smallmouth, but not many. It is disappointing he killed the fish! The ones I seen were in the marina area.
Californiakid4

Post by Californiakid4 »

Yes, I agree he shouldn't have killed the fish. He kept it because it had his $2.00 fly and he wanted it back.
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

I was up there camping/fishing about 6-7 years ago and I caught dink smallie(6") by accident. I was fishing for trout and I was the only bass boat I thought that lake had even seen :lol: :lol: , when an old timer saw me in a boat close by and said there has been small mouth in there for several years prior to that. Also there are tiny catfish(4") in there. I caught one of those too. When I asked the woman at the lake store about the smallies she referred to them as "The lake being poisoned!" :twisted: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: You'd think they'd grow with all the food and cold water but maybe because the draw the lake down every year they can't get established.
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass