Which rod blank?

Bruce Theriot

Which rod blank?

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Does anyone know or have information as to which rod blank the Cabelas XLM Ti rods are made on? I was told they are made by Loomis, either gl3 or imx. Any information would be appreciated also any feedback as to how they compare to Dobyns. Thanks Bruce
Last edited by Bruce Theriot on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delaney

Re: Which rod blank?

Post by Delaney »

I have no idea who makes them, but I have three, and they are the lightest, most sensitive I've ever used. I've used most of the other rods, but will admit to not owning a Dobyns, but plan to.
There She Is!!!
godshippy

Post by godshippy »

Lamiglas if I'm not mistaken
george

Post by george »

Bruce, Call Dennis at Cal West Customs and he could probably tell you! Dennis is very well versed in rod building components and could give you an idea for sure.
Cal West Custom Rods @ 559-648-8860
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Bruce Theriot wrote:I was told they are made by Loomis.
Loomis could very well be one of their blank manufacturers but companies and their suppliers are pretty tight lipped about releasing information on proprietary relationships. It makes sense though, as that's how Loomis originally got their start: Cabelas provided seed money to assist the fledgling Loomis company and hired them to produce blanks in the early 80s.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

There are very few bass rod blanks being made for mass production in the USA today.
Loomis is owned by Shimano, the NRX I believe is domestic and Lamiglas is still made in the US. It is hard to imagine Cabelas using a domestic rod blank supplier today.
ALX rods are domestic, use state of the art light weight blanks and well made, check them out.
Tom