San Luis 10/02/2011 good report..so read!!

sky88s

San Luis 10/02/2011 good report..so read!!

Post by sky88s »

Well October marked the first month of the quagga and zebra mussel inspections so those of you with a boat get out early!! and stay in line...water is around 68 degrees in most places and the water level is high again from where it was at last month..

we arrived at the dinosaur point launch around 520am with the assumption of the gates being opened..they werent..much to what we know the gates dont open until 6 so while we waited around I decided to rig up..why waste time??..two rods only one was a 7 med hvy the other was a 66 med glass for my cranks...

park officials came at 550 and from there we headed off to the "inspection station"..did the paper work, got inspected, passed and launched..

primary spot that we fish regularly from the shore was empty..no one there..not even shore anglers??..we had the honey hole all to ourselves..first bite came in on a super fluke followed by many more, few hits with the ABT Banshees in chrt. shad, got 2 with the SPRO aruku shad chrt. and american colors (biggems)..

both of these biggems measured for 30 inches and weighed around 10 pounds each..

by 8am we had limited out 8 stripped bass between the 4 of us..we ran to a second area where we really began to see all the shore anglers..after about 30 minutes we decided to coast the lake and ultimately head towards the dam.

upon arrival , we notice a good group of trollers..one boat especially had 4 guys on it and they were "the rear end of anything"..not even a good answer to a lie..they claimed to have gotten a lot and smirked me off..

to get back at their boat i backed off and turned the fish finder on..and did what i did best..caught fish!!! these guys really did only have one fish on board and that is all they would have that day after over hearing their conversation with another boater..man I love days when you run into hobbiest that think they know soo much just to get outfished by you in a spot that they were fishing in for the longest time!!!!

the dam area charted at 135 to 160 feet in most areas. shad were at 130..good bite came off the bottom 11/2 kalin white jig heads with super fluke bottom bouncing with hard! fast! rips..we managed to cull out about 4 of the 19 inchers we had from earlier and replaced them with 25s

around 10 the wind really started to come down on us and i told the group that we should leave before noon to avoid the high winds coming in from san jose and being on a bass boat we didnt want to risk anything happening...so we left at 1050 and made it back to dinosaur at 11 good 10 minute run across the big lake to finish off the day!!..

key facts to remember!..if there is any sign of water on your boat, you will be denied access to launch..do not waste your time open up your compartments and get the hull dry at least one day ahead of your trip..dont waste money on live bait..and most importantly dont be an ***!..

Kong Moua
FLW College Series Record Holder (10.9 California Delta 05/30/2009)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSC7gpsIY0s
frankc

Re: San Luis 10/02/2011 good report..so read!!

Post by frankc »

sounds like you had a good day, congrats.....i also love it when other boaters think they know it all or when they just shine you on, it is a big lake and it does'nt hurt to share a little infromation............who knows you might need it some day also.........