My Version of the Switch Blade Swim Jig

DeltaBassBuster

My Version of the Switch Blade Swim Jig

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

My version of the switch blade swim jig and some futher modifications I wanted to add. Using a 3/4 oz. Strike King swim jig head and a No. 4 Strike King Willow blade I wanted to add a grub body without the tail attached so I can scent to this part of the bait to make a scent trail or bury and glue in a glass rattle for added sound. Helps this helps you guys out with any further ideas. I will be testing my version of the switch blade swim jig next time I'm out on the water. Be safe out there on the delta and enjoy catching alot of bass.
Attachments
My version of the Switch Blade Swim Jig.jpg
My version of the Switch Blade Swim Jig.jpg (102.34 KiB) Viewed 2318 times
yjjustforme

Re: My Version of the Switch Blade Swim Jig

Post by yjjustforme »

I do the same with the renegade jigs in the blue Gill color with a gold willow blade during spawn and post spawn works great!!!
DeltaBassBuster

I love watchin' Tacticle Bassin (Matt Allen) and his videos. He comes up with some neat ideas. I'm really enjoying the swim jig/easy shad set up too. That was the only change I saw was to add some plastic to give it a meaty body appearance. I also do this with my standard jig and pork style (plastic or real) trailers, just to give the jig a meaty body appearance.
pete gardner

Post by pete gardner »

I FIRST SAW THIS JIG BACK IN THE 70'S. I THINK LARRY MC CAIN WAS THE GUY WHO CAME UP WITH IT,AND NAMED IT A "MATTIE" AFTER HIS LITTLE GIRL. HE WAS IN SO.CAL BASSMASTERS AND NOW LIVE IN FLORIDA .
PETE
supermat

Post by supermat »

That looks great! I was throwing a switch blade just the other day. :-)
The added body is a nice touch to round out the bait... there is a little something lacking with just the blade on a sunny day in clear water.
http://www.bassinguide.com
http://www.tacticalbassin.com
DeltaBassBuster

Hey Matt,

I just fish the delta so it should be ok. Whats nice I've also thought about is having a set of different style/sizes of blades ready to change out on this jig. A colorado for example to slow the fall rate or even a gold willow blade which is ussually preferred here in the delta. Suggestions for inprovement are welcome.
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

heres the version i use :D