Spring Back Transom Bracket

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Doug Vahrenberg

Spring Back Transom Bracket

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

New Product from Transducer Shield and Saver: Spring Back Bracket

www.transducershieldandsaver.com

FYI: This is a cool deal for those that want a better mount for a transom mount transducer for on-plane depth reading. It fits most transom brackets and has a spring return if it kicks up. For the plastic Humminbird transom bracket like the one for the Compact SI transducer, just add the lock-down scew to the HB mount and let the good one do the work if needed. It is not shown on the web site so you have to call to order it. It is the SBB-3 and the cost is $69.95

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
mark poulson

Re: Spring Back Transom Bracket

Post by mark poulson »

Doug,
Will that bracket let my 997 read depth and contours on plane?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Doug Vahrenberg

It's more designed for Aluminum Boats that need to mount these higher cost transducers per operators manual to get all speed readings and exposes them to underwater hazards. Depending on type of boat and where you mount will determine if you can get all speed readings. A transducer must be in turbulence free non-aerated water to read at speed - it can't shoot thru air so location is very important to doing that. THe transducers are capable but are you want to mount so that it exposed to underwater hazards? I personally mount my SI transducer on the Jackplate and install a 2D only transducer to shoot thru the hull on my fiberglass boat to get all speed 2D readings with the use of the AS SI DB YCable.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Thanks. The two transducer setup seems to be the way to go.
I'll look into that.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
hasetak

Post by hasetak »

Doug Vahrenberg wrote:It's more designed for Aluminum Boats that need to mount these higher cost transducers per operators manual to get all speed readings and exposes them to underwater hazards. Depending on type of boat and where you mount will determine if you can get all speed readings. A transducer must be in turbulence free non-aerated water to read at speed - it can't shoot thru air so location is very important to doing that. THe transducers are capable but are you want to mount so that it exposed to underwater hazards? I personally mount my SI transducer on the Jackplate and install a 2D only transducer to shoot thru the hull on my fiberglass boat to get all speed 2D readings with the use of the AS SI DB YCable.

I have been thinking about doing this... just wondering what 2D transducer you are running for the shoot thru the hull? I have done some looking on the Humminbird site and from what I can tell the compact side scan (XP 9 QB 90 T) will act as a 2D shoot thru, is this accurate? I know that I will not get SI with this set up thru hull just looking for 2D & depth, I just have one of those in the garage collecting dust and would like to use it if I can. If this will work how would I go about attaching it to the hull and where should I put it?

Thanks
Doug Vahrenberg

XP 9 QB 90 is a quadrabeam transducer not Side Scan. It will work with the ASSI DBY Cable but only provide 2D readings unless you go with a transducer switch. THe most economical is the XP 9 20 Transducer this is a 2D only and use the AS SI DB Y Cable to connect.