san luis - basalt

frankc

san luis - basalt

Post by frankc »

went out this morn and threw top water,subsurface and flukes and nothing stayed 1 hour, the guys next to me caught 2 keepers and one was 27 inches,they were bait fishing.....maybe it's time to change uhmm........
Turkeyman

Re: san luis - basalt

Post by Turkeyman »

Hey Frank, my son and I fished the rocks off of 33 at the forebay, my son caught 1 keep about 4 lbs and I caught one LMB. Had a few boils.
frankc

Post by frankc »

hey turkeyman,long time......... i havee'ht fished the forebay for a long time now,i am always up at the big lake now and do so so ...i was waitng for the weeds to disapear,are they gone yet?
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

There were a few weeds but I think the water was higher and they weren't on top. But it did seem that there was less than in years past. I did notice a bunch of no parking signs in area, can you not park by the bridge anymore? We parked at the wildlife area and walked over.
sky88s

Post by sky88s »

if you decide to go with the live bait..not that i would..i recommend you get some coordinates from someone who really knows the lake and just sit on top of an area..

was out there yesterday from 6 to 6..really slow bite..but still got a limit..

noticed a lot of the trollers were going way too fast..because we had to really slow down the presentation i suggest you not troll..

we worked from basalt to the trash racks..like you we threw everything that we had..

all of our fish came from rip baits..cast..rip hard once..and just wait..wait..wait..wait..wait..reel slack..and rip again and just wait..

the striper hammered the lures on the long pause..all of a sudden itll just go thump thump..set the hook!!

pretty fun because it feels like your setting bait for them..

another interesting thing was that we were not able to locate a school at all..fish came few and far in between..seemed like they were all just stragglers??...

anyways we got 6 yesterday..biggest went for 26 others were 19 and up..

if you do go prepare for the fog...it was really really bad yesterday...other than that had a blast on the big lake!!

Kong Moua
FLW College Series Record Holder (10.9 California Delta 05/30/2009)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSC7gpsIY0s
frankc

Post by frankc »

thanks kong, have you ween any boils lately? i am fishing from shore now,i catch them now and then..............
sky88s

Post by sky88s »

frankc wrote:thanks kong, have you ween any boils lately? i am fishing from shore now,i catch them now and then..............

no boils anymore..not like anything I use to see..I saw some light swirls around the boat on sunday but other than that nothing..those fish were not even really hunting to eat..seemed like they were just chasing..
FLW College Series Record Holder (10.9 California Delta 05/30/2009)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSC7gpsIY0s