first time tossing and how i rig the bama rig for stripers

yjjustforme

first time tossing and how i rig the bama rig for stripers

Post by yjjustforme »

went out 12-19 and did pretty well even though we covered alot of water. this is how i use the bama rig for stripers out herre on the ca delta.

i use darter head jigs and zoom flukes for the baits on the left, right, and bottom arms of the rig. and for the others i use a silver willow leaf blade for attraction on the rear and top arms of the rig. this was my first time using the bama rig and i believe that it has its place and time but its no miracle bait thats for sure. Once we would locate the striper schools or bait i would toss this and slow roll it and twitch it a few times on the retrieve and they nailed em. The coolest part of tossing this setup was the fact that i could feel them hit the blades and not hookup of course and the would come back almost as if they were angry about missing em and slam the flukes (i had one double the whole day which was cool). im surprised that i wasnt too worn out from tossing this thing for awhile because of what ive heard from other guys. the setup i used to toss this was a 7'11 flipping stick 65lb p pro and a rago bama rig with flukes for baits and willow leafs for flash. i still dont believe that this thing should be legal come tourney time but im all for it while doing some fun fishing.
fishing freak

Re: first time tossing and how i rig the bama rig for stripe

Post by fishing freak »

Thanx for the post. I like your set up and I'm glad it worked out for you. Keep throwing it and trying new baits with it and retrieves.
IF IT SWIMS, I'M FISHING FOR IT!
frankc

Post by frankc »

so is there 4 flukes on this cuz i see 3 only? and do you tied on the middle ( fish head )? and do you troll with this ?
frankc

Post by frankc »

where did you get that set up at?
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

Jerry rago bait ball tacklewarehouse