south delta

SLoGiN

south delta

Post by SLoGiN »

Went out a couple days ago ...launched out of Tiki lagoon..fished mouth of whiskey slough, flats around the ferry on middle river near bullfrog landing , a big circle around toward franks tract and on to the main river flats hitting various spots that have been good in the past...never saw the water move...no bait no busters....not one sign of fish...fished topwater, big hammers, flukes, and even the bama rigs that look super deadly by the way...3 of us were fishing and no ones rod moved all day...adding to that according to the tides we should have had a good flow but the water was barely moving everywhere we went and there was a strange greenish brownish tint to the water...I'm really pissed off because theres something going on that just ain't natural...not sure if it's some chemical fertilizer or what but the whole area was just dead and still...whatever is going on believe me I know it's not very good...Scarey in fact ..I haven't been able to fish hardly at all this year but did ok in november but there's some strange things going on
yjjustforme

Re: south delta

Post by yjjustforme »

X2 I agree striper fishing aint nothing like it used to be :(
Austen

Post by Austen »

Was not fishing for them but did stumble into a little school on the corner of Latham Slough and Empire cut on jerkbaits and DD22s. Water temps were in mid to high 40s
SLoGiN

Post by SLoGiN »

well i've been fishing in the delta for 35 yrs and i know what i'm doing and i'm just saying there is something really wrong out there and especially when i can see 5 feet in the water but theres some sort of irredesent freeky glow to the water....back in july in whiskey i saw it and it was alot worse....like some sort of algae bloom....thought it had something to do with all the hyacynth but hell i really have no clue...i just know somethings crazy