USAC Nevada Trail - 2/18/12 Results and Recap

Matt Lisiewski

USAC Nevada Trail - 2/18/12 Results and Recap

Post by Matt Lisiewski »

The third event of the 2012 USAC Nevada Trail is in the books.

17 Pro-Teams launched out of Callville Bay Marina in hopes of filling their livewells, a few back to back cold fronts have all but shut down Lake Mead over the past week as numerous reports of tough fishing and low numbers were the topic of discussion at the launch ramp.

Despite great weather in the upper 60's with low wind, the fishing remained tough as only 5 teams were able to scratch out limits.

USAC Pro-Team angler Doug Gaskill stated: "We had a limit early, too bad they were all rats! The lake was brutally tough out there today."

Despite the tough bite, as always a few Pro-Teams managed to locate numbers and a few found size. Taking Big Bass of the event with a monster 5.22 lb largemouth was the Pro-Team of Paul Hemsley and Alan Zamora, when asked where he caught the giant, Alan said: "Paul and I needed a big fish, jokingly I told Paul "It's around here somewhere" and sure enough, two casts later I hooked up, I caught him dropshotting a senko." For the catch, the team took home $320.

Taking home first place honors was the Father/Son Pro-Team of Dean and Ryan Yamagata, they managed an impressive 10.77 mixed bag that snuck past the second place finishers by a mere 2/100th's of a pound! Dean and Ryan took home $1,320 in cold hard cash for the day's work. Great job to the new USAC Pro-Teams Nevada Trail points leaders.

Second place went to the Pro-Team of Greg Cyphers and Steve Artus, the team weighed in 10.75 lbs, a solid performance for the duo who moved into third overall for the 2012 season. The Legend Boats/Adaven Rod n Reel team took home $600 for their efforts on the day.

Third went to the one man wrecking machine of Travis Richards, the late entry managed to put 4 solid bass in the livewell that were good for 10.50 lbs. An impressive performance by the new USAC Pro-Team. Travis went on the record by saying: "I caught my last two in the final 20 minutes, it was a tough day out there".

Fourth and last in the money was the Pro-Team of Gene Mestas and Keith Ferlanie, the duo brought 9.86 lbs to the scale and took home $200 for fourth place.

Thanks to all the USAC Nevada Trail anglers, Bassaholics and Rockstar Energy for their continued support of Nevada's fastest growing Pro-Teams trail, US Anglers Choice.

We look forward to seeing you on 3/17/11 back at Callville Bay Marina.

-Matt
Matt Lisiewski
UBTT Nevada Region Director

E-Mail: usacnvtrail@gmail.com
Web: http://ultimatebassteams.com/divisions/nevada