slippery slope

For political discussions
Grumpy

slippery slope

Post by Grumpy »

We all know what slippery slope means, well, the supreme court has just sent us down the definition of this phrase. Personally I believe we need health care reform just not a total replacement of our current system, its too much to bite off at one time and no one knows what the endgame will be. Does anyone have any idea what the outcome of Obamacare will be? Even the people who crafted it have no clue what will happen, its too big, too comprehensive for anyone to understand, experts are all over the map about its effects. Its a huge roll of dice with billions of taxpayers money being gambled, but this is what government does, keeps throwing money at programs "hoping" the outcome is positive. Its your money. Nancy Pelosi said we have to pass the bill to find out whats in it, its been passed for a couple years and still no one knows everything thats in it, we are about to find out.

So, now the camel has his nose in the tent thanks to the supreme court, more like the whole herd has its nose in the tent now. They have just set a precedent the Federal government will be able to exploit forever (do you know of a supreme court decision overruled?) We now have as law of the land the Federal governments authority to mandate people purchase a product from a private company. And, we find out from the supreme court this "is" another "tax" on the people, something the democrats vigorously denied. Think about the implications, they should scare you. Remember the imminent domain ruling? It allows local governments to take your property and sell it to a private party, should have seen this ruling coming. Federal government expansion has been on a fast track under Obama, with the help from the supreme court this expansion has potential to reach light speed. Hold on to your wallets folks.
Rod Martin

Re: slippery slope

Post by Rod Martin »

I did'nt think too much about it. $200 a year if you dont have Ins. But now I'm hearing that it goes up to over $2000 a year after a few years.

So you have to have it or pay a TAX. But I dont see the limits on how much we can be charged.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Rod Martin wrote:I did'nt think too much about it. $200 a year if you dont have Ins. But now I'm hearing that it goes up to over $2000 a year after a few years.

So you have to have it or pay a TAX. But I dont see the limits on how much we can be charged.
This thing was rammed down the peoples throats by a partisan Congress and president behind closed doors with no transparency. They were able to garner some support by misleading the public into believing health care costs would come down, huh? It hasn't even been fully implemented and people are screaming about health care costs. Something like 20 new tax increases to be implemented just to support this behemoth not to mention the IRS expansion of thousands of agents and new authorities, think all those taxes are gonna be paid by the rich Obama's favorite whipping boy. No, the middle class will take the brunt of this, unless maybe you opt for an exchange, hell, no one knows how that will work out either. No one knows anything for sure except its gonna cost billions and billions. Its just crazy where we are after just a few short years.
swank

Post by swank »

don't be scared it'll be a fun ride
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

swank wrote:don't be scared it'll be a fun ride
Nobody said anything about scared. I just hope you are young. I have already done everything possible to insure it doesnt affect me as much as YOU. I just turned 60, in my family you live till about 85. I have that covered. Plus soon I can always just let the younger workers take of Me. Isnt that the progressive way. :shock:
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Its a done deal now, a terrible decision to allow the Federal government to mandate citizens to buy anything from a private company, but moving on. Obama got his health care bill, its hung squarely around his neck, he owns it. Its his legacy, when this goes south who is he gonna blame it on, sure he will come up with someone besides himself. With some polls showing as many as 70% of the people disagreeing with Obamacare and just months away from the election it is another nail in the White House coffin, and then he has Eric Holder who was just held in contempt of Congress, now lets say Obama knew nothing about this Fast and Furious program the worst possible thing he could have done is block documents from being released to protect Holder, he really stepped in it unless he also has something to hide because now he is in the same box as Eric Holder, and if he did know about it its just a matter of time before it is discovered. Their only hope now is to win the election and continue blocking investigations, watch the desperation kick in because they know this and will do anything, anything to win this election.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Grumpy wrote:Its a done deal now, a terrible decision to allow the Federal government to mandate citizens to buy anything from a private company, but moving on. Obama got his health care bill, its hung squarely around his neck, he owns it. Its his legacy, when this goes south who is he gonna blame it on, sure he will come up with someone besides himself. With some polls showing as many as 70% of the people disagreeing with Obamacare and just months away from the election it is another nail in the White House coffin, and then he has Eric Holder who was just held in contempt of Congress, now lets say Obama knew nothing about this Fast and Furious program the worst possible thing he could have done is block documents from being released to protect Holder, he really stepped in it unless he also has something to hide because now he is in the same box as Eric Holder, and if he did know about it its just a matter of time before it is discovered. Their only hope now is to win the election and continue blocking investigations, watch the desperation kick in because they know this and will do anything, anything to win this election.
No, Its not a done deal. As much as Dems keep coming back on Gun control and R's keep coming back on Birth control.

For bettor or worse nothing is a done deal with the system that has been created in this country.

The biggest question is what will it evolve into. Each time gov. rotates between the 2 parties new parts will be added. We can only hope that it will change for the better.

For those that do not have ins. at this time and people 26 turning 27 coming off Daddys ins. its $2,000 a year for not having it.

2014 = $200
2015 = $
2016 = $2000

I didnt catch the 2015 amount but thats for only a year. Now everyone attached to this is talking about how you will be able to get help paying for it. :lol: So I guess it will be like reg. taxes 49 percent will get for free and vote Dem.
Thunnus Salmoides

Post by Thunnus Salmoides »

swank wrote:don't be scared it'll be a fun ride
Yeah! Lots of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

Swank, don't get old and don't get sick!
Morality- Right and wrong determined by God's laws.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Rod Martin wrote:
Grumpy wrote:Its a done deal now, a terrible decision to allow the Federal government to mandate citizens to buy anything from a private company, but moving on. Obama got his health care bill, its hung squarely around his neck, he owns it. Its his legacy, when this goes south who is he gonna blame it on, sure he will come up with someone besides himself. With some polls showing as many as 70% of the people disagreeing with Obamacare and just months away from the election it is another nail in the White House coffin, and then he has Eric Holder who was just held in contempt of Congress, now lets say Obama knew nothing about this Fast and Furious program the worst possible thing he could have done is block documents from being released to protect Holder, he really stepped in it unless he also has something to hide because now he is in the same box as Eric Holder, and if he did know about it its just a matter of time before it is discovered. Their only hope now is to win the election and continue blocking investigations, watch the desperation kick in because they know this and will do anything, anything to win this election.
No, Its not a done deal. As much as Dems keep coming back on Gun control and R's keep coming back on Birth control.

For bettor or worse nothing is a done deal with the system that has been created in this country.

The biggest question is what will it evolve into. Each time gov. rotates between the 2 parties new parts will be added. We can only hope that it will change for the better.

For those that do not have ins. at this time and people 26 turning 27 coming off Daddys ins. its $2,000 a year for not having it.

2014 = $200
2015 = $
2016 = $2000

I didnt catch the 2015 amount but thats for only a year. Now everyone attached to this is talking about how you will be able to get help paying for it. :lol: So I guess it will be like reg. taxes 49 percent will get for free and vote Dem.
Done deal ...... meaning the Supreme Court ruled the Federal govt. can mandate citizens to purchase a product from a private company, and fine and or punish people if they don't comply. The law will be enforced by the IRS, this alone should send shockwaves thru the population, they will have the power to seize your tax returns, garnish wages and even prosecute if you choose not to cooperate. The precedent is set now, Obama chooses to use it fully and future administrations will be able to also use it for their own agendas leaving the people with no other option except to hope we don't get another set of clowns in the White House. Giving the Federal govt. even more and broader powers is almost guaranteeing they will eventually use those powers. Heard the argument the Federal govt. could mandate the people eat broccoli sounds wild but technically they could now and unless the govt. got into the business of growing broccoli you would be required to buy your broccoli from a private farm. Extreme example maybe but technically true, and govt. is extremely willing to exploit technicalities.

With the voters so fractured and divided it would be near impossible for a Supreme Court decision to be overturned today. It has been done in the past but only a handful of times.

Interesting read on some of those decisions
http://money.howstuffworks.com/10-overt ... -cases.htm