what happened to the chronarch

RangerDude

what happened to the chronarch

Post by RangerDude »

Well I gotta say i'm pretty disappointed with the quality of the newer chronarchs. I just purchased one and it feels and looks cheap, the finish is definately not what it used to be. I know there was a big price cut which was probaby due to the crap worldwide economy which leads to cheaper components, but come on the thing feel like a zebco spincast. I'm going to dump the thing off on ebay and hopefully find a shop that has a few of the previous models oin stock :roll:
bantam1

Re: what happened to the chronarch

Post by bantam1 »

The major difference between the Chronarch D and the new E model is the elimnation of the aluminum side plates. The finish is still the same process we have used for years. The reels are still being made in Japan. Internally the components are the same. Unfortunately the D model was $299.99 which priced it out of the market for several users, or they would step up to the Core 100MG for $349.99. A decision was made to bring the Chronarch down to $199.99.

With that being said the reel should feel smooth. I would return the reel for an exchange first before you abandon it.
Norcaldrifter

Post by Norcaldrifter »

LOVE my Chronarch E!
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

I was under the impression that the new Chronarch E was a repainted Curado E. Everybody loved those reels so I'm kinda suprised you are having troubles. Try a new one.

NoCAL