Wow!!! Baby duck bite is on!

Dewayne

Wow!!! Baby duck bite is on!

Post by Dewayne »

First batch of baby ducks just showed up in the pond outside my office. A 3# bass made one disappear on their first swim across the pond.

Now, where is my frog rod?????? :D

It's going to be an early spring.
Dewayne
EGBASS

Re: Wow!!! Baby duck bite is on!

Post by EGBASS »

Forget the frog rod :wink: , I came across a large baby duck fly once, imagine a 12" leader tied to the back of a clear popper!
Blue_R70

quack....

Post by Blue_R70 »

Mike

Post by Mike »

Last saturday I fished the 100% tourney @ the Delta, and when I went to weigh in my fish, there were about 50 little feathers in my live well! One of my fish must have just ate a little bird. I had the frog tied on, but didn't pull it out of the rod locker.
Chato

Post by Chato »

I've been seeing baby duck lures but havnt tried them or know anyone who has. But i bet they catch some monsters. Anyone ever use any? I would love to see a duck get slammed by a big ol bass.
Fish Chris

Bird-eating Bass.....

Post by Fish Chris »

I saw a duckling get taken out at Clear Lk, once as a child. I have a buddy who swears he saw a Blackbird get taken off of a low hanging tule in the Delta.
But maybe the coolest thing I have seen involving birds and bass, was at Clear Lk. a few years ago. There was a momma duck and about 8 ducklings swimming around calmly, near Konocti harbor. Suddenly, there was a large swoosh about 5 feet away from the ducklings...... I really doubt that the bass even cared about the ducks, but immediately after the swoosh, the momma duck jumped up and started squawking frantically ! The babies, obviously way too small to fly, started high tailing it, with the momma right behind them squawking at them, all the way to the closest dock. She then herded them up onto it, and I never saw them go back into the water, for the next few hours until I left !
Anyway, tell me that momma duck hasn't encountered a big hungry duckling-eating bass in the past ! Nature is just amazing, ain't it ?

Peace,
Fish
Wolfeman

Cooch's Baby Duck Story

Post by Wolfeman »

Cooch, time for the annual posting of your duck story.
It's the best one I've ever heard.
Give it up, buddy.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
scott h

Post by scott h »

About ten years ago I was sight fishin bed fish from shore and about a hundred yards away heard a huge rucus on the surface of the water figured it was probably a big bass and that it had taken something off of the surface, but never seen it the rest of the day.The next day I was back at it and was walkin down the shore when I saw a dead bass floating on its side, upon firther inspection it was about a twelve lb bass and it had taken a full grown hen mallard, she was wedged in the fish's throat, then it dawned on me that was all the comotion the day before. I have not seen anything like that since.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Two years ago in May I was prefishing for a Bass Fed tournement on the Delta. I was casting a frog through a drainout and a bass ate the frog. I didn't set the hook due to the tournement being the next day. I just put pressure on the fish. She jumped.. 8+. I figured yes!!!! I might be able to get her tomorrow!! I moved farther down the bank and noticed a mallard with ONE duckling.......HMMMMMM. I thought what the heck and herded her and her duckling toward the drainout. The adult made it through fine but the duckling that was trailing her was blasted by the bass!!! It was awesome to see. The Duckling popped back up about five seconds later and took off out of there.
My best duck story.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

This story was told to me by a friend. He lived on a piece of property which had a large pond that was used for irrigation. Ducks from all over would winter there and raise their young in the spring. The next spring after several clutches of eggs had hatched, the owner of the property had noticed that several of the ducklings had disappeared and she wondered if something could be done to resolve the problem. He told her most likely a neighborhood cat or some other type varmint had been responsible for the missing ducklings. She was satisfied with the answer and didn't ask him again. One afternoon he had gone down by the pond to check out the duckling situation and right before his eyes, a hen was taking her group of 9 duckings across the pond. He turned away and heard a sound like a toilet flush. When he looked back the 9th little one was gone and the rest were none the wiser. He knew there was some very large bass in the pond but never told the owner the fish were the culprits.
Show me the water and I will fish.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

This reminds me 8 years ago I was fishing a pond next to a fair grounds. The people would park at the park and walk over to the fair. There was a grandma and grandpa with grandkids in tow. I was fishing and grandpa struck up a story with me. As him and I were talking the grandma points out a line of ducks going across the lake, I made a comment to them to watch the little one in the back who was playing catch up. Right when the sentence came out of my mouth a huge swil and suction occured under the last duckling that everyone is now watching. Just GONE! I started chuckling and told the grandpa now that is what I am fishing for! The kids started screaming, what happend to the duck,wheres my duck?

It was just priceless! :twisted:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Delaney

Post by Delaney »

True story about ducks. A few years ago my buddy Ken were at Bass Lake and by a dock we were fishing was a momma duck and 13 little ones ( I didn't know they had that many). A week later, same spot momma only had 8 behind her. Another week later-same spot, and momma only had 3 following her. Today the property owner was on the dock scraping duck poop off the dock. I asked him where all the little ducks went. He said that about 6 AM every morning a big bass comes out of that willow tree over there and eats one. I swear this is true that Ken and I in unison hollered to the guy "WHAT TREE WAS THAT AGAIN?"
There She Is!!!
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

Now I haven't seen this happen before. But once me and my dad were doing some twilight froggin up in Clear Lake. My frog was stuck dangling about a foot in the air because of a tulle. I was trying to get it out of there with out makin to much a rucus and so the Sparrow Frog was goin up and down and up and down. Next thing you know a fish jusmps up out of the water to get it. I miss it. So I leave it there. It comes out of the water to try and get it AGAIN!!! this time he took it under but I think I set the hook to late because all I got was the frog flyin back at me. So I flip it back to where it was and this time I missed the tulle and got it on the water. It come back AGAIN for it. And I fianally got it. But man o man that was one heck of an aggresive fish!!!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]