9/30 Striper Report - keep the info coming

Hitman

9/30 Striper Report - keep the info coming

Post by Hitman »

Well Ive been hearing of some decent numbers of stripers starting to show so I went out on Sunday. Got a bit of a late start and didn't start fishing until around 8am. Stopped on some of the usual striper areas and found lots of bait and some mix or crystal clear to stained water. I found plenty of schoolie stripers but no keepers. I did get one about 8-10 lber follow a rattle trap to the boat. That was the only good fish i saw all morning. I went as far west to Franks but did not venture any more west as I was pressed for time. I understand so good fish are being caught from Sherman to the Break.

Hoping for a better year with the sight of all the bait in the water this year.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Austen

Re: 9/30 Striper Report - keep the info coming

Post by Austen »

thanks for posting ! 8)
floater

Re: 9/30 Striper Report - keep the info coming

Post by floater »

I got lucky on Sunday. While bass fishing with a short senko rod with old 15 lb. line, I landed this biggie striper around midday .................. close to 20 lbs. and almost 3 ft. Had to play the fish carefully to the boat. I was down south delta in a slough south end of Coney Island near the fixed bridge. And I thought I had to go up to Antioch or Rio Vista waters for stripers. The rest of the fish caught that day were dinkers. :D
Attachments
Coney Island Striper 9-30-12.jpg
Coney Island Striper 9-30-12.jpg (8.12 KiB) Viewed 1932 times