first boat

fishin4life

first boat

Post by fishin4life »

Im high school student with a part time job, I am a tournament angler (back seat most of the time) and im looking to see what others think would be the best first boat. If you do have a USED boat shoot me and pm.
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Re: first boat

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

fishin4life wrote:Im high school student with a part time job, I am a tournament angler (back seat most of the time) and im looking to see what others think would be the best first boat. If you do have a USED boat shoot me and pm.
How much do you want to spend? I know of a real clean older ranger for about $4000.00 and the boat is in Brentwood. I have fom pictures if you are intrested.

JLS (Jay Liu's Service)
530 246-8051
davet.

Post by davet. »

I would absolutely start with an aluminum Tracker Tournament TX 17 with a 60 horse.
They're affordable, you can beat the crap outta it for a while and make all mistakes that we all make and when you're ready, you'll step onto a higher end boat seamlessly.
Glass boats with high horse power motors are not for beginners. Things can go horribly wrong in the blink of an eye. And when they break, it's very expensive.
So, start with something indestructible for about a year and go from there.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
jg

Post by jg »

You might get more bang for your buck fishing proams than trying to run your own boat. If your getting alot of backseats and can afford better pro ams you will learn faster that way than struggling to put gas,expenses and other things into your boat. Spend the money upgrading your equipment it will take you further than fighting your own boat.
fishin4life

Post by fishin4life »

jg wrote:You might get more bang for your buck fishing proams than trying to run your own boat. If your getting alot of backseats and can afford better pro ams you will learn faster that way than struggling to put gas,expenses and other things into your boat. Spend the money upgrading your equipment it will take you further than fighting your own boat.
yah i thought about doing that and most likley will, but i want to get out learn the places i fish alot more. But yah i get what you sayin, and i think its a great idea
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

davet. wrote:I would absolutely start with an aluminum Tracker Tournament TX 17 with a 60 horse.
They're affordable, you can beat the crap outta it for a while and make all mistakes that we all make and when you're ready, you'll step onto a higher end boat seamlessly.
Glass boats with high horse power motors are not for beginners. Things can go horribly wrong in the blink of an eye. And when they break, it's very expensive.
So, start with something indestructible for about a year and go from there.
X2 You are going to learn through mistakes, and an aluminum boat is the most foregiving.
Plus, they are cheaper to trailer and operate.
Try and find a four stroke, if you can. Much less maintenance.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
davet.

Post by davet. »

Here ya go. It's not a four stroke, but the trolling motor makes up for it. Most are smaller 12 volt units and they don't last for shiite. It's a good price. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/3330123959.html
www.powerskoop.com
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That tracker seems like a good deal as long as the engine is strong. Offer $2500 and see if he nibbles.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
VJ

Post by VJ »

Brian D. wrote:That tracker seems like a good deal as long as the engine is strong. Offer $2500 and see if he nibbles.
:D lol its my boat already sent him a pm week ago.
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
davet.

Post by davet. »

It would be a good boat for him, I hope he gets it.
That's how I started and stepped right into a big boat like it was tailor made.
www.powerskoop.com
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

nice.. congrats VJ.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
fishin4life

Post by fishin4life »

thanks guys for the responces. :D