It has been Scheduled! Cooch's Fishing Benefit Tournamnet.

Linzycuccia

It has been Scheduled! Cooch's Fishing Benefit Tournamnet.

Post by Linzycuccia »

The date has been Set! The Cooch's Fishing Benefit a tournament will be held on December 16, 2012. Take off time at 6:00, weigh in at 1:00, at Russo's Marina in good ol' Bethel Island. Come one, Come all, Come as a pair! One boater and Co-Angler 2-3 at a team with a three fish limit, and a 50$ entree fee. So flip a big one, set the hook and keep a tight line. 100% of all proceeds will go to the fundraiser account in support of Cooch's fishing. Please contact Linzy Cuccia for any details. Entree fee at the Launch!

Lets get this man back on the water where he belongs!

Hope to see you there!!'

Linzy Cuccia
Zak Elrite

Re: It has been Scheduled! Cooch's Fishing Benefit Tournamne

Post by Zak Elrite »

Coochie, I'll be there buddy!! And I'll do what I can to spread the word!! C'mon all, Lets give back to this man who has given so much to so many!! Help turn a tragedy into a triumph!!
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Coochie,You Rock!!!!!You have done so much for us Angler's.I will do my Best to be there.
201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

Coochie-coo ... I'll try to make it. But because I'm moving & my son is getting married, there's just a lot of chit I need time for. Anyway, will talk to you on Sunday!
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
=========================
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Lets make this the official tournament page. Linzy needs help with logistics and details for setting this tournament up. So anyone that has experience setting up and/or running tournaments please contact her.

First thing I realized is that on December 16, sunrise isn't until 7:16, thus blast off will have to be safe light which will be closer to 7am instead of 6. So we can say safe light til 2 or 3pm?

Second, there are a lot of teens from the Pro-Teen and teen team that want to help and/or fish the tournament. A concern of ours will be not having enough boaters to accommodate everyone, which is why Linzy says 2 or 3 to a boat. The format isn't set in stone so please speak up and help us do this right.

Thanks!!!

Scott Johnson
"Jig fish are big fish"
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

Just collect a $ from all his Mafia War friends....... :lol:
LL South
ASD

Post by ASD »

I will be their!

But will be boatless :(

As NationWide is not on your side :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Gtismasher

Post by Gtismasher »

I'll be out there to help cooch out. I'll muster up a few ofour club members to show up too.Its the least that San Jose State Bass team can do.
Cody Wilson
2017 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
Mercury 225 Pro XS
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

Count me in!!!
Austen

Post by Austen »

Yahoo ill be back home for winter break !!! Will deffinitly be attending , lets keep it growing !

Austen Schmalz
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

As mentioned in the initial thread to get something going for Cooch:

"I'll toss in $3,000 in prizes to start it off, three pieces of framed art valued at $1,000 each, of choice; two to the first place winners, and one as a kinda 'door prize' drawn from anyone that enters, (or that even can't show up and donates the $50 anyways, just to help).

So count me in still for some donations. I hope I can make it up too, we'll see on that. :?
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
49R Dan

Post by 49R Dan »

Otay Michael wrote:As mentioned in the initial thread to get something going for Cooch:

"I'll toss in $3,000 in prizes to start it off, three pieces of framed art valued at $1,000 each, of choice; two to the first place winners, and one as a kinda 'door prize' drawn from anyone that enters, (or that even can't show up and donates the $50 anyways, just to help).

So count me in still for some donations. I hope I can make it up too, we'll see on that. :?

How do I get in on this without fishing? Can it be set up as an online auction or???

Dan
2010/11/12(by default) Conroy Oakley Pro-Teen Classic Chili Champ
Dom

Post by Dom »

My Son Colt and I will be there I suck at fishing the delta in the winter but we will be there to fish it and support Cooch! We can come in early to help with logistics as well I ran the Pitch black series and was wiegh master for the Future Pro Tour for a few years so I got the exp. Just let me know :)
Tight Lines Dom
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

ASD wrote:I will be their!

But will be boatless :(

As NationWide is not on your side :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
PM sent
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
pb1967

Post by pb1967 »

I've cleared the Sunday schedule and I'll be there!!
weedsnager

Post by weedsnager »

This whole concept is just hard to comprehend. So there was a benefit tournamnet for a guy that got his boat and tackle stolen?? Never heard of a benefit event for someone that didn't have a bad illness or a family tragedy, but a benefit so someone can replace a forty thousand dollar
Boat and three hundred dollar rods??? Did he not have insurance?
longshot

Post by longshot »

No his insurance lapsed! It's more about helping someone who has helped many others including teens in the pasted. He is a great guy that is down on his luck and those that appreciate him and what he represents want to try to help him get above water.
L.s.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

longshot wrote:No his insurance lapsed! It's more about helping someone who has helped many others including teens in the pasted. He is a great guy that is down on his luck and those that appreciate him and what he represents want to try to help him get above water.
L.s.
Well put, and I agree. I can empathize with Cooch as I had my car insurance lapse due to forgetting to send the check in to re-start it after retuning from overseas. Wouldn't you know it the only accident in my life happened a week later, some old lady rear ended me and my fiancee at 70 mph down a hill, crushing my car in half, killing folks in other cars around me, and paralyzing me until I prayed to the Lord for help, then instantly getting my feelings back, etc.. Story and pic's here: http://www.seewald.com/accident_miracle.htm

Not only that, Cooch volunteered to take me out when I was up visiting. I'd posted the need for a backseat on the Delta as my four stroke got stolen at Russo's the year before. And that trip he was the only one to take me out, no charge (and most guides would not do that, in fact, he is one of the few guides that will give you a ton of info just of asking).

He also is about the only guide to show up for the Rally's, and to get drawn and go out with someone that would usually have to be paid a few hundreds bucks to learn with, for free, is a total blessing to a lot of us beginners that do show up for them (that's why I love them, get to fish with a lot of skilled fishermen that otherwise I'd not be able to fish with). Once at Clearlake I drew Cooch (the time Gator was in first place), leaned a lot about that lake, and jig fishing of course.

In fact, I learned a lot about fishing from him on his videos he made for Westenbass years ago before I'd ever met him. I guess you see why I love to help him, he loves to help others. It's a lesson for others, give and it will be given. Cooch is just getting his just deserts, in a good way.

Anyone else want to chime in of how he's helped you, I'd bet we could fill a large book with stories.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Captain Morgan

Post by Captain Morgan »

I caught the "bass bug" fishing the first few Pro-Teen tournaments as a kid. I eventually bought a bass boat and continue to fish as much as work/wife will allow. If it wasn't for Cooch's hard work and commitment pulling that together for the last 10 years I'd probably be playing golf in my free time, and I HATE golf.