Cops say "tragedies in schools, need new thought processes"

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
Otay Michael

Cops say "tragedies in schools, need new thought processes"

Post by Otay Michael »

First of all, prayers sent to the families.

Then - Wow, this cop hits the problem right between the eyes, what a good read:

"Active shooters in schools: The enemy is denial"

http://www.policeone.com/active-shooter ... is-denial/

Plus, I just read, days after it happened it finally was reported by ONE outlet, the reason the Portland shooter ONLY killed two folks was A GENTLEMAN WITH A CHL got him worried after drawing on him, so he killed himself 'early'. Wish main stream media would've reported it, great story on how folks being armed would stop a lot of carnage, great man:
http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-a ... 93571.html
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Otay Michael

Re: Cops say "tragedies in schools, need new thought process

Post by Otay Michael »

And then there is this I just read since posting above, so sad.

Mom says 'I am Adam Lanza's mother,' details life with terrifying son:

http://now.msn.com/i-am-adam-lanzas-mot ... ly-ill-son

(Basically, it's the mental illness that starts developing in their kids that no one can help them with, guns are irrelevant/secondary problem)
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
WendyS

Post by WendyS »

That was really a shocking news.I could say that the communities and schools are quick to come together to address violence after a child is murdered. This type of tragedy forces people to take action. Schools struggle with taking action against bad people as they try to find answers. As is true with solving any complicated societal problem, solutions are tested by trial and error to evaluate different strategies. Education and cooperative community programs show promise in reducing school violence.Read more here
markybrown

Post by markybrown »

WendyS wrote:That was really a shocking news.I could say that the communities and schools are quick to come together to address violence after a child is murdered. This type of tragedy forces people to take action. Schools struggle with taking action against bad people as they try to find answers. As is true with solving any complicated societal problem, solutions are tested by trial and error to evaluate different strategies. Education and cooperative community programs show promise in reducing school violence.Read more here

Police officers must train and drill with teachers, not only so responding officers are intimately familiar with the facilities, but so that teachers know what they can do in the event of an attack.
weekends are probably made in china,since they don't last long.