Getting cat piss smell out of boat carpet

TritonBrent

Getting cat piss smell out of boat carpet

Post by TritonBrent »

Yea, So the cat pissed on the front deck of my boat, the cat problem has been solved, now I got to get rid of the nasty smell. I hot watered and soaped it only for it to smell worse! Any idea's?
mrobinett

Re: Getting cat piss smell out of boat carpet

Post by mrobinett »

Try 3 parts water and 1 part vinegar. It works great for skunk smell. We had a dog that wasn't the smartest around skunks. We used it many times and worked every time.
GW

Post by GW »

try prexoide and baking soda. Use it in a hidden area first to be sure it wont stain your carpet.
rico

Post by rico »

Go to Petco and get some Nature's Miracle. It will get rid of the stain and odor
Chris N

Post by Chris N »

How did you take out the cat?
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

I'm glad you brought it up Chris. I didn't want to ask. But inquiring minds want to know.
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Vinegar and water is the best. You can do the natures miracle but will be more expensive. I wouldn't use peroxide cuz that will bleach the carpet. Good luck!
"Jig fish are big fish"
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

rico wrote:Go to Petco and get some Nature's Miracle. It will get rid of the stain and odor
These pet urine odor removers work. Get a small bottle at the pet shop.

Once you’ve located the urine, you need to remove it as soon as possible. Most cat urine odor removers sold at pet stores take advantage of enzymes that hasten the breakdown of urea the main chemical component of cat pee.
Enzymes are simply proteins that speed up chemical reactions. In other words, the enzymes break up the urea into carbon dioxide and ammonia, two gases that evaporate rather quickly. So the cat pee is gone before it gets any chance of turning nasty. The only problem with cleaning agents containing enzymes is their limited shelf life. Enzymes lose their effectiveness with time
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Product called TkoOrange., this stuff really works. The only orange extract product I would recommend, as a odor remover I have never found anything to compare, this is a pet owners best friend. I originally tried it as a cleaning agent but after reading about the odor eliminating uses I mixed up a little in a spray bottle and put in the boat. The stuff takes the sardine smell right off your hands or anything else you get that nasty fish bait on. I rarely bait fish anymore but for those who do, get some of this stuff. They have a website just google the name. I have nothing to do with their company, just very satisfied customer.
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

The cat. What about the cat???
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

mrobinett wrote:The cat. What about the cat???
I'd use a Dobyns 806 swimbait rod, and an 8/0 hook, with a steel leader, and go shark fishing with Mr. Kitty.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Chris N

Post by Chris N »

Silly kitty always jumps off the paddy and tries to swim home right when the tax man is around...
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

Take your flourescent blacklight from night fishing adventures and search around the boat. (in the dark.)

The urine will light up and show you where to clean. If you clean or rinse the boat first it will erase the evidence and you will miss where you need to concentrate your efforts.

Be sure to check under the consoles, not just the deck area.

A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
davet.

Post by davet. »

Smear cat poop all over the area and it will no longer smell like pee! :D
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!