RODS REELS FISHFINDERS AND TACKLE STOLEN

chrislaskowski

RODS REELS FISHFINDERS AND TACKLE STOLEN

Post by chrislaskowski »

All my tackle and rods and fishfinders were stolen. Just got back from oroville fishing the flw and my truck was broken into and all my tackle which was a ton of brand new stuff in the package with anglers attic price tags, 12-15 rods mostly baitcasters gloomis shimano, team diawa, and many others , curados, castaic, pflueger presidents on all. 997 humminbird si and 797 humminbird si, just in fishing tackle new in package there was probably around 4000$ just in new in package tackle plus all rods and graphs so I just lost easily 8k. Please if anyone comes across someone selling stuff they probably shouldnt please let me know or call the cops my number is 530 917 9365 I live in antelope and that is where everything was stolen .
kane-o

Re: RODS REELS FISHFINDERS AND TACKLE STOLEN

Post by kane-o »

been a lot of that going around up north. allison shaw had all her stuff ripped off too.. sorry to hear this, hoping you get it back.... but not likely.. :(
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

I doubt Ill see any of it for sure. First thing I did is try to make a police report when I called the Sherriff station they told me they would have an officer contact me after the holiday? WTF police dont work on holidays any more, plus I called them at 9 am yesterday and they couldnt find time to come out and make a police report? Why do we have them working for us if we cant use there services? Run a red light on Martin Luther King Day and I gurantee you will get pulled over. I get 8k plus stolen from me and all they tell me is to do an online report.
dwise

Post by dwise »

Unfortunately, all cities, and State police and fire services have had budget cuts. This is why they couldn't come out right away to take your report. There are not enough officers to respond. If you were trying to report a murder, bank robbery or home invasion in progress, you can bet they'd be out in a hot second. Unfortunately, they don't jump when it's a theft of personal property.

I hope you have good boat insurance to cover your tackle and electronics. You might check and see if your homeowners policy will also cover some of the losses.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

If anyone has a 998 997 si humminbird or a hds 8 and up touch screen let me know since now im in the market for one. 530 917 9365 thanks chris
fishn4bass

Post by fishn4bass »

That really sucks! So it was your truck that was broken into not your boat? If so your vehicle insurance should cover this. You probably spent the week in Oroville worrying about the tweekers wandering around at night then your get home and this happens. Really sorry to hear about this. Will keep my eyes open.
DannyMiller

Post by DannyMiller »

Bad thing. It really hits hard when this happens and bass fisherman are a major target. We can really help this by just a couple of moments of time. Borrow a small engraver if you dont have 1. Every rod seat, every reel on the foot, on my battery charger, graphs, prop,etc has my drivers license # and my name on it. This helped recover items in a major bust years ago in Redding after the boat I sold was stolen and spoted in the wee hrs by Gregg G. If you see stuff ground on for sale then shame on that person. Engrave it close to serial #s as it is against the law to have or try to pawn off items with them ground off and write them down. It's not yours if my names on it so to say. Real sorry about your equip being stolen Chris.
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

Thanks ,
auto insurance does not cover anything in the vehicle if it is not attached so homeowners insurace would cover it but I rent so i don't have homeowners. Crooks have their eye on us way more then we think so just take the few extra minutes and clean out anything with value because if you dont its gonna cost you big.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Chris,

Sorry for your loss. it breaks my heart to hear this crap going on all the time. I hope you are able to get back on the water soon. take care, rich
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

Thanks Rich this isn't going to keep me down. Going to use some old school lowrance graphs till I can find a good deal on some new ones and don't have to worry about all the extra tackle and rods in the boat now ! Thanks again I just hope we can keep this from happening again.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

We rent too. We have renters insurance. I'll have to check if my gear would be covered, I keep my gear in my van, ready to go as it's always with me, boat or not, and at this point with all the upgrades over the years it's worth a pretty penny. I know I got a special rider for my camera gear years ago, I probably will have to do the same thing on the fishing gear.

Anyone know if fishing gear is normally covered with boat insurance, had not thought about it.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

chrislaskowski wrote:Thanks Rich this isn't going to keep me down. Going to use some old school lowrance graphs till I can find a good deal on some new ones and don't have to worry about all the extra tackle and rods in the boat now ! Thanks again I just hope we can keep this from happening again.
Guys here told me to keep my eye out on eBay/Craigslist a couple of years back when my 25 HP Honda four stroke was stolen at the Delta. Sure enough, four days later it was on eBay. Only problem was, the police said they were too busy with important stuff than to help me get a $2,500 motor back, so I lost out on getting it back.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Sorry for your loss, been there. First, everyone should really pay attention to their insurance coverages and add where needed, you can get insurance to cover anything. Second, cops will not help you if something is stolen, its not because of budget cuts, homeowner and property theft is at the bottom of their priority list and they never have had enough leo's to respond to all the property theft. My home was broken into during the best times in CA, I called and reported it, her first question was do you have insurance, I said yes, she said take this number and give it to your insurance company as proof you reported it. I said they kicked my side door in are you sending someone out? She said no, give the number to your insurance company.

Business break ins will get a response, the city or county counts on them to keep churning tax dollars, unless someone is threatened or injured homeowner or simple theft will not get any direct response. Its understandable though when you consider the amount of property crime, its rampant and will keep getting worse as the economy stays stagnant and more and more people keep losing their jobs. If you don't have it chained, nailed down, or locked up in a vault you better have it insured. I suggest also checking with your law enforcement from time to time, they do bust theft rings now and then and seize lots of property, if your stuff matches a description of what they have you may be able to get it back if you can identify it. Take the time to mark your property, a small engraver can be used to mark something where only you know where it is. Not much else you can do except stay defensive.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

chrislaskowski wrote:If anyone has a 998 997 si humminbird or a hds 8 and up touch screen let me know since now im in the market for one. 530 917 9365 thanks chris
PM sent
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

Love Oroville.

HATE THAT TOWN! As much as I would like to go up and fish the lake I don't.

Sorry for your loss.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

chris,

PM sent. thanks, rich
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Mike

Post by Mike »

That sucks! Maybe you can throw a fundraiser for yourself and beg all of your family and friends to give you money and tackle, rods, reels, ect..... Seems to be the trend around here.... HAR! :lol:
Last edited by Mike on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
OG on WB since 1993
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Mike wrote:That sucks! Maybe you can throw a fundraiser for yourself. HAR! :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
chrislaskowski

Post by chrislaskowski »

No fundraisers ! I really appriciate everyones support for me. I would have never thought there would be so many people willing to help a stranger. Thanks a ton to everyone on Western Bass.
hookedup

Post by hookedup »

Last year I met up with someone I met through Craigslist that was selling a bunch of gear. I brought $100 cash and was about to walk off with probably $1000 in swim baits. The more I talked to the guy the more I realized he didn't know anything about these baits or fishing. Finally changed his story that these were not his but selling for a friend. I got sick to my stomach and told him I wasn't interested anymore. I should have gotten his plates or something but didn't. Sucks man, the guy is selling your stuff somewhere keep any eye out.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

dwise wrote:Unfortunately, all cities, and State police and fire services have had budget cuts. This is why they couldn't come out right away to take your report. There are not enough officers to respond. If you were trying to report a murder, bank robbery or home invasion in progress, you can bet they'd be out in a hot second. Unfortunately, they don't jump when it's a theft of personal property.

I hope you have good boat insurance to cover your tackle and electronics. You might check and see if your homeowners policy will also cover some of the losses.
sorry for your loss it sucks when it happens its so personal...
now with that said i had to respond to this, I disagree with this statement because I see just opposite of this statement, In Castaic and at the lake you'll find 5 sheriff, more or less hanging around, running mutable boats with no body at the lake, each one is driving new Tahoe's or Expeditions, I got to watch a whole bunch take in some scuba lessons the other day, all this plus a full staff of LA co Lifegurds...
Maybe we could put them to work on the lagoons launch ramp...