MinnKota iPilot Link...1st Impressions

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Doug Vahrenberg

MinnKota iPilot Link...1st Impressions

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

I got to spend my first day with a MinnKota Terrova and iPilot linked to my Humminbird with LakeMaster Maps and all I can say is WOW! This is the real deal...it's going to change the way I fish...amazing when the Master Minds from MinnKota, Humminbird and LakeMaster come together!

Screen Capture from Humminbird Spot Locked on this point catching White Bass...I sat here for over 20 mintues running all around the boat in the exact same spot...This is going to be a Structure Fisherman's Dream Come True!

I've got some video footage that I will be editing and adding this week. Really really excited about what this product can do for me! To be honest I liked the features but had lots of doubts with all the trees I normally fish...myth busted! It's going to be a great new tool for me!

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: MinnKota iPilot Link...1st Impressions

Here's the First Video as I test the NEW MinnKota iPilot Link....I can tell you my days with a Cable Steer Trolling Motor are getting numbered! I was really, really shocked at the ease to operate and the Benefits of the iPilot Link System are enough that I may never put a Cable Steer Motor back on the boat....20+ Years of Cable Steer and 1 Day of Electric Steer has me ready to get back on the water for even more testing!

First Video: http://youtu.be/ffD83Ej9Y9A

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

In my latest Test I take the MinnKota Terrova with iPilot Link into the flooded hardwaoods on Truman Lake to see how well it performs navigating thru the flooded timber. Plus test some of the durability of this motor. Check out the latest Video with more to come real soon

http://youtu.be/HWuh7FlGOw8

Doug Vahrenberg

When the Masterminds of Johnson Outdoors come together AMAZING Technology becomes available...Check out the NEW MinnKota iPilot Link and the Follow the Contour Feature that combines the MinnKota Terrova, Humminbird Electronics and LakeMaste
r Mapping together to bring GPS Guidance to the Fishing Industry...If your running a Cable Steer Motor you really need to take a look at the features the MinnKota iPilot is bringing to Electric Steer....it's got me switching!

http://youtu.be/Yx9ucIdFNXI

Doug Vahrenberg

This is what happens when two competitive Bass Anglers hit the water to take out a little Revenge on the "Man in Striped Suits" for all year chasing the Green Fish! MinnKota iPilot Link Spot Lock makes it sooooooo easy and adds to even more fun.
Video:
http://youtu.be/2aGVjxMtKZ4

Humminbird Side Imaging Finds them...

And we catch them

Doug Vahrenberg

The Latest Video I take Electric Steer Terrova with the GPS Assisted Guidance of the iPilot Link to the docks to learn the positivies and negatives of this system when dock fishing. This was on my second day with this system after 25+ Years of using Cable Steer Motors...I'm learning alot about just what all the MinnKota Terrova can do for you.

Video: http://youtu.be/BM4pJZaceWk

Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Good posts, but pretty useless to us in the West since the Lakemaster maps don't cover our water. So when is Lakemaster going to take care of us left coasters?
Doug Vahrenberg

Jeff C. wrote:Good posts, but pretty useless to us in the West since the Lakemaster maps don't cover our water. So when is Lakemaster going to take care of us left coasters?
The only feature that must have LakeMaster is the "Follow the Contour" all the other features can be used without the mapping card until LakeMaster announces west coast coverage...LakeMaster is now announcing new regions and new lakes from now into the first of the year, we will have to wait and see where they expand...they are planning on Nationwide Coverage.

But you can still take advantage and use the Spot Lock, AutoPilot, Cruise Control and iTrack Features and be ready when they do announce west coast coverage.

Doug Vahrenberg

Let's finish the Year with a MinnKota iPilot Link Video on using the iTrack Feature...really cool feature that only the Electric Steer Terrova or Power Drive V2 will offer. If your a Cable Steer user might want to check out the features of the iPilot Link...you might be making a switch...I will for 2013!

Here's the Latest iPilot Link Features Video: iTracks

http://youtu.be/y3ADLpiIZuQ

Doug Vahrenberg

I just got around to editing the rest of the Video from my First Day on the Water with iPilot Link and some additional information and features of some of the really neat features that have me Excited!

http://youtu.be/5qdHsw2wo7I