Want to take the little one to Antioch Pier....

sbbassdude

Want to take the little one to Antioch Pier....

Post by sbbassdude »

I was thinking about taking my 5 year old daughter out fishing over at the Antioch pier. This will be her first experience fishing. It's been years since I've gone there but I remember catching tons of shakers and an occasional keeper there. I just want some action to keep the little one's attention. If you have children, I'm sure you know how short their attention span can be. I'm not looking to catch anything of any significance.....just looking for some quality fun and bonding time with my daughter. Are they still biting like that nowadays over at the pier? I'm not looking for a honey hole, but anyone have any other suggestions for some good/safe spots for children to fish at over in the delta? Thanks!
- JC
Gubblenator

Re: Want to take the little one to Antioch Pier....

Post by Gubblenator »

The pier is still doing well. I have not been there is at least a month. Bay Point is rather nice to bring a young one. There's a slough just a couple hundred feet from the parking area. Caught a two keepers in that area, All released to fight anougher day. If you travel to the end of the path. Which is about 1/2 mile. It is known for larger fish and shakers.
Good Luck
Kevin
sbbassdude

Re: Want to take the little one to Antioch Pier....

Post by sbbassdude »

Thanks for the info Kevin.....I didn't think anyone was going to reply since I posted this 2 months ago. I will try to head out in the next couple of weeks with my little one to check it out. I'm sure she will have a blast.
- JC