Clear Lake ABA TOC

fpomilia

Clear Lake ABA TOC

Post by fpomilia »

WOW. Only our second TOC and most likly our last. Talk about combat fishing. Instead of shoulder to shoulder on a river it was bouncing boats. Absaloutly no consideration for others. I really recommend ABA have people go out and see, with their own eyes what is going on. It was the 10 foot rule instead of 25 yard. We were in one of the last flights on day one and knew that we would have to look for our own rock. On day two were one of the first and got a spot were the fish were on day one, staying our 25 yardds or better away for the end of the line of boats. There was another boat who followed and he also got to the end of the line staying a good distance. All of a sudden we had a boat within 10 feet of our bow and fishing. I was told we were in his spot from day one where they did very well with a 30 pound bag. Told him he was a little close so he moved behind us staying 10 - 15 feet away, along with another boat, who did the same, pushing out the other boat that had already been there. It got to the point were we could not fish anymore and my blood presure was on the rise so we left the area. We were not one of the top boats and I did not report either boat but we may have had a chance at a big fish had they let us fish. They were so close at one point I could have jumped in his boat.
elfish16

Re: Clear Lake ABA TOC

Post by elfish16 »

unfortunately that's Clear Lake fishing at its finest. We had the similar thing on Day one....horrible draw and our best spot had 14 boats on it. We stayed our distance but at the same time throughout the day we all worked together and fished plenty close together but no bad attitudes and everyone was respectful.

if you don't like fishing in a crowd, Clear Lake is NOT the lake for you. This is my 2nd TOC up there and its been that way all the time. Last time it was bumper boats in the north... not midlake or south.

let me remind you this weekend we had a horrible derby and didn't bother to weigh my fish as I knew that 12-15lbs a day wasn't worth it. its frustrating for sure but it's the game up there.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
fpomilia

Post by fpomilia »

I agree with you but it should not have to be that way. Only 4 years in this fishery after 40 years in the ocean. Fished a number of Clear Lake tournaments, with 50-80 boats, with out this type of insanity. When guys have a later draw and jump right on top of you it is just not cool. I just think it has got to a point where ABA may need to go out and see for themselves or cut the field down. I see someone having problems someday.
Fred Fullerton

Post by Fred Fullerton »

Gentlemen
Last edited by Fred Fullerton on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

Here's the problem I have with all these post. If you had the "luck of the draw" and you get there first, it's your water respectively. The problem for me occurred on the second day when the draw is reversed. Day one there were a lot of boats but we all respected our casting lanes. Day two chumps, with no etiquette whatsoever, with no weight the first day, show up and crowd a spot they have no business being at. 3 times as money boats because the word got out. These guys need to respect the unspoken rule if your not in contention, don't ruin it for a team that is. Those boat sitting on my day one spot, caught a collective total of 2 fish. Good job chumps. I didn't get my lane and still smoked those guys. I want to thank you for being unprofessional and just being in the way and potentially costing me or another team the win.
SJL

Post by SJL »

I agree with elfish and poorboy. How can you come to CL in an event like this and not expect there to be crowding going on? It wasn't like the bite was wide open all over the lake so no doubt there would be crowding. LOL do you really think everyone on Henderson was going to abide by a 25 yard rule??? There should not be any distance rule, if you choose to fish high traffic community holes like such, then you have to deal with the conditions and you also need to act cool.

I do agree that if you and your partner camped out on a spot day 1 and did well there is an unwritten rule that you have the right to fish there again day 2 no matter who is there. This happened on day 2 for me as I had a late draw and some guy is sitting right on top of the spot we fished day 1 with a bouy out. I didn't really care he was there because he wasn't fishing it right anyways, but he got all bent out of shape when I cast at his bouy. I mean duh dude you have your bouy right on top of the juice. I mean come on. He never showed up at all day 1 but I don't own the spot and neither does he. All day long guys would come and go and respect how we were fishing the spot and I even had some great conversations with some new folks.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

I don't think i agree with you that it's your water in a 2 day tournament with reversed blast off on the second day. Yes I will move, if I'm out of contention and a guy moves in that has a chance to win it but if I'm in the hunt too, than I think the second day is my chance to get to a good spot first that I couldn't on the first day. I think it's also important to say that you were planning to fish that spot from the beginning and not just jump it because fish has been caught there the previous day.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

I saw a lot of new boats on day 2. I asked all of them how they did the day before. The best weight I heard was 16 lbs. hahaha. We had over 27. The 4 boats that were sitting on the spot I needed were not fishing it right and were right on top of the fish. Like I said, they were just in the way. They weren't in contention and they couldn't even catch em. I watched a top finish slip out of my grasp that day because of poor sportsmanship. The second day I actually gave water back to the guys we fished next to us on day one. I could have taken his water. They took 3rd. Nobody gave us any room or respect and we moved around the area and scraped up 22lbs. We slipped down to 14th. That's just the way it is though. I deal with it everywhere I fish. Lakes big or small.
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

If your not in contention after day one than let the guy that is have the water he fished the day prior. You have no business being there.
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

Ron T. wrote:If your not in contention after day one than let the guy that is have the water he fished the day prior. You have no business being there.
amen brother!
fpomilia

Post by fpomilia »

All well put. First off poorboy, just to clarify, we had no idea that was where the fish came from on day 1. Henderson was our plan from the begining but could not get in on day one with over 90 boats leaving ahead of us. We did not want to be AH, and jump on top of people. And second. WE DID leave after i hour, because we were not in contention and gave you the spot were you replied, THANKS. Not sure why you felt that was unprofessional? Here are some suggestions OPTION#1, everyone who comes in the top 10 MUST show their water and NO ONE is allowed at that spot on day 2 NO MATTER what flight you are in. Just make an X on a big chart at the weigh ins. OPTION #2, Top 20 boats go on first flight so they can get their water and the rest of the flights waite 15 minutes to allow them to get their spots, OPTION # 3, top 10 boats have flags so that the other 130 boats know to move out and let them in, Option #4, Only the top 40 boats fish on day 2.
In addition, yes we did only have 2 fish on day one, along with many other great bass fishermen. On of those people came in with a 30 pound bag on day 2 and won some money. What was unprofessional was you jumping right on top of us, not saying a word. The poor guy who was behind us told us later that we were on the "HOT" spot. I guess we should have left at that point.
milehi

Post by milehi »

just curious, but isn't hi tech, lake chips, gps causing a lot of these problems? you see on elite, flw tournys on these gaint lakes half the field 100 yards from each other. seems like if this is what we've come to, deal with it. great article with rick clunn on the bassmaster site about this
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

fpomilia, with all due respect, I have a one option for you...Future Pro Tour. That might be a better place for you to learn how tournaments work. I was not the boat on top of you. The brown and gold Triton, and the white champion boats were crowding you. I watched you leave along with another boat that was just in the way. I spoke with everyone else on that spot and although everyone seemed cool, they F@#ked us. Those two boats sat side by side all day fishing the spot wrong. To some of the newbie's out there reading these post, I'm going to give you some free advise. Just because someone did good on a spot, and the fish are there, doesn't mean you can catch them..Those two boats played defense all day and they caught 1 fish a piece. Both their day one waits where junk. And fpomilia, if you have 8.43 day one at Clear Lake, you had nothing else going but the spot the FLW was won on. You needed a 40 lbs day or better. Do you really think that was going to happen? I also want to mention that the biggest weight caught in that spot was 28 lbs. So I don't know who you are referring to that caught 30 on that spot and cashed a check. I mentioned the lack of etiquette these teams displayed but that is part of the game. Your always gonna have poachers who pre- fish with binoculars. We all got our asses whooped by Pearl who didn't have to deal with all that BS and I want to congratulate him and his partner. Now they're a class act!
fpomilia

Post by fpomilia »

Don't really ant to get into a pissing match. but thanks for the recommendation but we are very happy with ABA and the way Shawn and Karen run the tournaments. I never mentioned anybodys name or boat discription but there were two boats next to us playing with a buoy marker and I never said the second day 30 pound bag came off that spot. Just that A good fisherman, who had 2 fish on day one, had a 30 pound bag on day two which shows what can happen. I guess my mistake is taking the ABA encroachment rule seriously. All we did was just get in line with the other boats at Henderson and kept our distance until we could not fish the way we wanted any longer. Had no idea getting to a spot first and fishing we would be in someones way who came in later. That is why I have made the recommended options. Had no idea different rules for different people.
Most likely, I have more years fishing than you are old and have seen it all. My son and I qualified for the TOC,and paind my $$ just like you and the other 141 boats and had the opportunity to fish aganist some great fisherman like Cooch, Jordan, Lintner, Bailey and Juarez just to mention a few. My son and I are very competitive and YES we felt we could have caught a 40 pound bag on day 2 because we have done it before and I really take offense by saying we should have not even have been fishing. You should really push ABA to have the people who only catch 2 fish on day one of the TOC to not be able to fish on day 2 because according to you they are wasting everyones time. Good luck to you in the future and I hope you keep doing well.
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

I've said my piece, I had the chance to do well, and yes, boats were in the way. If you can't catch em, just get out of the way. I don't mean to single you out and I get your point, but there was three boats at that spot that cashed checks. Us and two other boats from day one that were there both days. Frustrated to say the least and if I had a **** draw day 1, we would have went to plan "B". That's why it was luck of the draw. I apologize if I offended you, but I meant everything I said. I believe fishing etiquette is more important then a "first come, first serve" approach on day 2. Like I said, there was 3 times as many boats there on day 2. If it was only as crowded as day 1, I'm positive we would had placed top 3. As for that 30lbs bag your referring to, they needed over 46 lbs to cash unless the caught some option. If that's the case, good for them! They had an 8 lbs average for two fish day 1. Sounds like they were on the right fish. Too bad half the field didn't fish his water.

I want to wish you luck in the future and thanks for doing the right thing when you decided to leave. I wish you could have taken a couple boats with you.
barse41

Post by barse41 »

You guys should pretend you weren't in this tourney. Then read this thread.
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
g-man

Post by g-man »

There is no "MY WATER" IDGAF what anyone thinks they deserve. GMAFB!

PUBLIC WATERWAYS!

With that said I'd give up a spot if I was not in contention, I've got no problem with that.
I have always been more then considerate when it comes to people fishing in a tourney or for fun.
But to think its your spot, and you have more right to be there then anyone else is just plain stupid, and ego driven.

Not getting "YOUR SPOT" is part of the game.
100% LL
deltabass

Post by deltabass »

Welcome to Clear Lake during the fall transition. Doing the right thing comes into play here. Sounds that some are not capable of doing the right thing, the right way for the right reason. What ya goin do? Keep fishing I hope....
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

all of the above is exactly why I don't fish tournaments.
For anybody to think it's "my water" just because you fished it the day before , the week before , the year before ---
wah , wah , wah , wah !!!!
Robb
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

My main point is, if your fishing a spot that is holding good fish, at least catch em. Don't just sit there to ruin it for someone else that can. Defense fishing is usually done to help out someone else. Just a theory. There is no "my water" anywhere but there is proper etiquette. There is the sportsman's unspoken rules. There are ethical ways to compete.
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Wow ......Where to start.
***not picking on anybody, nor trying to start a fight, so please take this as just an observation, my opinion, and a point of consideration.
with that said, here is my feedback.

1 - multi-day tournaments have some very complex strategies and part of that strategy is where you draw, and knowing there is a 2nd day (or even 3rd day) and the draw gets reversed. Everybody knows about this idea, and knows you need to "reserve" some areas for when it gets crowded, gets tough, etc.These issues appear to be a result of maybe guys not really fishing many, or none at all, multi-day events and struggled to understand the full game plan, not just 1 day. if you went into this tournament thinking you had "1 spot" with all the winning fish, and you and only you knew about it, and were going to get to fish it, without company, than that was your mistake.

2 - Anyone in this tournament who thought that they were the only ones who knew that Henderson point is holding fish, should just quit tournament fishing now and keep practicing, cause your never going to win. Henderson point is the most well known community spot on Clear Lake and everybody fishing the tournament probably hit it in practice at least once, if not twice.

3 - NOBODY should assume that just because you were fishing point A on Day 1, especially if you got an early draw and got their first, that its YOUR point for Day 2. First come, first serve, plain and simple. if someone is on your point when you get there, give them space, or leave. Again, a big, big, strategy in planning to fish a multi-day event. you should be assuming that your not going to get to fish that spot on day 2 as you draw late and you need that 2nd and 3rd backup spot to go fish instead.

3 - anyone who assumes that because they didn't see a boat fishing a spot on day 1, doesn't deserve to fish it on day 2, or they are out of contention because they only had a so so bag on day 1, is just crazy. Its such a ridiculous thought process that it shouldn't even have to be explained. But, here goes....
Anything can happen on a multi-day event, so just because a team had only 15lbs on day 1, doesn't mean they cant fish the hot spot on day 2. You could easily zero on day 2, even though you are leading after day 1. it always happens. Just go fish, and let the weights speak for it at the end - don't assume somebody else is done and shouldn't keep trying. for all you know, guys who knew fish are there and got a late draw, left it alone on day 1, just to hit it on day 2, knowing they were getting the early draw and could get it first. This happens all the time on multi-day tourneys. guys get a decent 15lb limit on day 1, knowing they will get ther "HOT" spot and 30lb bag on day 2. You got yours on day 1, so now you now gotta go find decent fish to beat that 15lb bag on day 2 from your 2nd and 3rd spots. if you don't have any 2nd or 3rd spots, guess what........ that other team is actually better than you and deserves to win.

4 - the idea that anyone can look at a boat fishing a spot and think they are fishing it wrong and should "get out of the way" because "only they know" how to fish that spot correctly might want to check their egos!! no offense PoorBoy, seriously, but that's just a load of crap.

5 - I definitely can agree that there are likely plenty of people that don't and won't give you space, and come right up on you and fish. that sucks, its un-called for, and I hate it. The only way its going to change, is when everyone starts calling "bullsh*t" on teams that do it, and filing a protest, with pictures. Until we start calling guys on it, its going to keep happening. This is the part we lost in tournament fishing - sportsmanship. until we can police it, it wont be coming back.

With all of that said, I think this is exactly why fishing is not FUN anymore and less and less people (like me) are not competing at any level anymore. I get the competitiveness of it, I get the rush and accomplishment, I get the money and awards, but all of that still is not worth the headaches of dealing with this thought process and in-fighting.

I hate thinking that guys could be calling me out 'cause i'm just going out there competing and happen to fish a point they want to fish, and then assume i'm poaching, i'm incompetent, or I'm a jerk cause i didn't do quite so well on day 1 and should just give up my spot on day 2. Then, even when I do find a spot to fish on my own, so I think, some guy comes flying in and drops trolling motor 10ft in front of me, and just fishes right on top of me.
I don't need all that drama and headache; you don't win at either end of the spectrum.

I am only coming back to competitive fishing when the camaraderie is there, the sportsmanship is there, and the sense of a FUN time is there. Heck, its so bad that even best friends wont talk and let each other know what they can..... maybe I need some new friends. :D

Thanks for sharing guys.......... hopefully everyone can read ALL of this and learn something.

Cheers,

kopper_bass
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

But than again , is anybody REALLY out of contention ??? I say no , one epic day on water that didn't bite the day before and the day one leaders find the spot they sacked em up on is used up. Its a brand new ball game. Point is give the day one leaders there water , chances are its burnt water and go fish something else that you know has the potential of the same results. You may be pleasantly surprised and feel better about that top ten finish you earned on your own terms.
Levy

Post by Levy »

Kopper, its unfortunate that you no longer fish tourny's because I think you get it.. Maybe try to blow off the negatives and focus on what you enjoy about tournys as there are still many great folks still out there.

Your post was spot on from 1-5 imho.

Jon Levenson
Armando Luzuriaga

Post by Armando Luzuriaga »

Well said kopper!
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Armando Luzuriaga wrote:Well said kopper!
ditto
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

I guess you just had to be there to "get it"
Fish Trap

Post by Fish Trap »

There is no problem. Reverse order is reverse order for a reason. Just cause a guy gets first blast off on day 1, got the spot, whacked em, now he thinks it his spot and the proper thing to do is to let him have it. What kind of etiquette is that? What a joke. How do you know the 50th blast off guy did not fish that spot in Pr-fish? Now he pulls up with a late blast off seeing someone on his spot where he wanted to fish, and was pissed he could not get on day 1 but next day he will have his chance because he will be #1 blast off guy. Part of the game. If you can't play it then don't cry about it. This is not unsportsmanlike conduct to fish a spot day 2 just because you get a better blast off #.

Sounds like if you only had one spot to fish on the whole lake and nothing else you might be in trouble. That is why versatile fisherman that can adapt to these problems win.
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

AMEN KOOPER!!!!
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
BAMA

Post by BAMA »

According to poor boy everyone that did mediocre on the first day should not have even fished I guess on day two. Most of the guys in the later flight day 1 did not get there spots with 141 boats fishing. So day two comes and you have the opportunity to get your spot you should stay out because the leaders on day 1 wanted there spot back. WTF I must be missing something. I still believe if your in a spot first whether or not you did good on the first day others should follow the ABA rule that seems to not be enforced. With that many boats it is very difficult to cast or set your boat in huge position you would like to be. What a joke to think you should just give up. I guess some people think there just that good.
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

+1 kopper, great post!
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
DG

Post by DG »

This thread is a riot!!!!
Sounds like a bunch of old ladies arguing over about who's turn it is "under the dryer"
It makes me further understand why I don't fish the "big time tournaments" with all the pro's and wanna be's

See an earlier thread her on why some of us don't fish these tournaments. I listed my "2" reasons why and of the many, one was "2" much BS!

"I like it when I hear that's my water" REALLY, really. really? Where in the rules does it say anything about spots on day one, two or 25? I thought the blast off order decided who gets to the water (hot spot) first. Common sense and respect should dictate distance that should be maintained between boats but because there's not much of that In the "big tournaments" (where those same pro's and wanna be's fish), there are rules. I guess if there's one for the ABA, it's like any of the other rules. They're made for the honest to follow and most everyone else pays no attention to them. I can tell by some of the above replies because a couple of poster's have made up some new rules as determined by the two days they fished.

If I pre fish on Thursday and find a "hot spot" am the 1,000th boat out and get to "my water) :shock: and there's 50 boats there, it's my problem. The 50 boats got there before I did so? I move to another spot and hope I can get there another day.

The water belongs to whomever is on it at the time. Leave it for 1 minute or 5 days and you loose it and don't get it back until you can get there first!

I guess the ABA should make sure they're following their rules and "eject, DQ, remove, shoot or deal with the violators as they see fit. For one, I don't have to worry about it.

If I'm ever "on your water" I'll give it up when I'm good and ready. I may not fish it like a Pro as you would but it's mine as long as I'm there. Money, place, 1st day, 2nd day or not fishing it right makes no difference. I might give it up in exchange for some information though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

It's funny to see the only ones who disagree with me, either don't fish anymore tournaments, or didn't fish the ABA. You would completely understand were I'm coming from if you were in my shoes. First of all, we did have other spots and plan "b" "c" and "d" based on draw. Yes, second day was going to be wacked. We knew that but had to try and get in on "OUR SPOT." We waited and waited, watch all these boats try to catch fish. Pre-fish did not guarantee you a fish, trust me. I caught all my fish on spinnerbaits while everyone and there grandma threw crankbaits. Day one was the first time I even tried a spinnerbait based on the pressure, and all the other boats crowding us on day 1. You had to adapt. Y'all act like it only happened on day 2 with day 1 guys. Nope.

Second of all, if you didn't have the angle, casting distance, and bounce of the right rock, you didn't get bit. The comment I made about people not fishing it right was a true statement. Otherwise, maybe they would have caught something.

And third of all, I honestly believe that a boat was not only crowding other boats, but was blocking the casting lane on purpose so his buddy that had a 24# day 1, would have a better chance. Yes, I think there was blocking, and holding spots for others that were in "contention." All I am talking about is integrity. My complaints are about that and not, who got there first. That's why your 2 cents is just that, worthless.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Might wanna check that ego poorboy.

Calling people chumps and claiming your statue as know it all is down right funny! ME, ME, ME!! You have done nothing but complain, and insult people, what kinda response did you think you would get with theses self served (I'm the MAN) comments? Now your reeling, claiming if we were there we would understand?

I do understand, and it SEEMS to me that your heads a bit swollen..
100% LL
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

kraetzer wrote:+1 kopper, great post!
^this. Clear Lakes usually a mess, even on a weekend with no tourney!!! My partner told me to check this thread and we laughed about it. Think having other dudes show up on hog spots is tough, try having some of your good friends show up on day two just to catch a limit, even though they knew they had no chance and could take us out of contention :lol: . Just how it goes, not gonna change now. That why I like weekdays :D :lol: :lol:
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
drilltrash

Post by drilltrash »

poorboy wrote:It's funny to see the only ones who disagree with me, either don't fish anymore tournaments, or didn't fish the ABA. You would completely understand were I'm coming from if you were in my shoes. First of all, we did have other spots and plan "b" "c" and "d" based on draw. Yes, second day was going to be wacked. We knew that but had to try and get in on "OUR SPOT." We waited and waited, watch all these boats try to catch fish. Pre-fish did not guarantee you a fish, trust me. I caught all my fish on spinnerbaits while everyone and there grandma threw crankbaits. Day one was the first time I even tried a spinnerbait based on the pressure, and all the other boats crowding us on day 1. You had to adapt. Y'all act like it only happened on day 2 with day 1 guys. Nope.

Second of all, if you didn't have the angle, casting distance, and bounce of the right rock, you didn't get bit. The comment I made about people not fishing it right was a true statement. Otherwise, maybe they would have caught something.

And third of all, I honestly believe that a boat was not only crowding other boats, but was blocking the casting lane on purpose so his buddy that had a 24# day 1, would have a better chance. Yes, I think there was blocking, and holding spots for others that were in "contention." All I am talking about is integrity. My complaints are about that and not, who got there first. That's why your 2 cents is just that, worthless.

Your attitude is one of the few that will always drive me away from fishing tournaments. Your telling me that I'm supposed to know who you are and who the next boat is and what place your in and give up a spot that I could have scoped out hours, days or years before you? Even after I paid the same amount to enter as you? You sir have a bit of an ego problem thinking that everyone should know you and your current predicament. I imagine that your not the only one that this happened to. How many other guys do you see running onto the interwebs bit(h1ng about how they were robbed, crying like a 10 year old? Grow up man, your not special! I could sit here and go on about your elitest attitude but it won't change your mind or attitude so why try. But realize people like YOU are a major part of the low numbers!!! And that's my WORTHLESS 2 cents!

Dustin King
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

FYI poor boy: It's not hard to figure out who you are from your posts.

You must not give a s#!t about what your sponsors think; going on a public forum treating people like garbage.

Googled your name and you are the poster boy for what's wrong with team fishing. PRIMA DONNA much?!

Although you may not be on the elite series. You sure are an elitist.

Hope you heed the criticism of your fellow anglers. Check your ego.

My two cents....

-David
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

HAHAHAHA! ok that's me. HAS ANYONE READ MY POST? I keep talking about integrity and etiquette, and y'all still think it's about the spot. Y'all think it's about moving over for a boat and just give up. I never said nothing about that, if you paid attention. I assume, all the last posts are the older generation and don't fish anymore tournaments. The "low" numbers are not because of guys like me. It's the sissy leagues (rookie) that have killed the numbers. It's common sense. More tourneys to spread everyone out. I promise if you were in a tournament with me, I fish with respect and integrity at all times. I let all those guys fish without interfering. We actually moved around the bend and found fish out deeper than every one else. Don't hate the player, hate the game! This is actually getting comical to me..let's hear about my ego some more, I like it. I am a narcissist. HAHAHAHAHHAHHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
g-man

Post by g-man »

Integrity and etiquette? Really??

:lol:
100% LL
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

poorboy wrote: The "low" numbers are not because of guys like me. It's the sissy leagues (rookie) that have killed the numbers. It's common sense. :
uhh, you mean the sissy leagues you took AOY in?
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

I was also up there for the ABA TOC with Brian, the crowds at ALL 4 community spots, Henderson, Shagg, Jago & Library Park were indeed very crowded and certainly ignoring the distance rule. And yes, there were indeed a few unruley catsers and those who were protecting certain "sweet spots" for their buddies. It wasn't just the ABA event, the FLW the week before and Triton tournament the previous week was exactly the same as we prefished up there several times for the ABA and could see what was happening. We were on a diffent bite out deeper than the chuckers & winders, bouncing big jigs on the deeper rocks. We knew we were in trouble with this bite due to the fishing pressure and congestion, and never spent more than an hour or two on any one spot. It is what it is and we knew we would have to hit our less fished areas and hope for that one big bite to get our 5 each day. It didn't happen for us. This situation is nothing new at Clearlake at this time of year, and it indeed gets worse every year.

I can see and agree with some of both Poorboy and Kopper's points. There's only one way to resolve this problem at the root cause, git these events off Clearlake at this time of year. Cast your complaints directly to the tourney Orgs and flood em with your dissatisfaction. We enjoyed 8 days of amazing fishing on Clerlake, then we experienced a nightmare the two days of the event itself. One thing fer sure, it wasn't any fun at all fishing this TOC.
49R Dan

Post by 49R Dan »

There's only one way to resolve this problem at the root cause, git these events off Clearlake at this time of year. Cast your complaints directly to the tourney Orgs and flood em with your dissatisfaction.

+1
2010/11/12(by default) Conroy Oakley Pro-Teen Classic Chili Champ
PHENSON

Post by PHENSON »

How about going back to when you had to actually qualify for a T.O.C and there was only 50 or so boats.
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

PHENSON wrote:How about going back to when you had to actually qualify for a T.O.C and there was only 50 or so boats.
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! you mean I don't automatically qualify if I fish at least 6 events and finish dead last on the season??? BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
Derrek Stewart

Post by Derrek Stewart »

This is what everyone is talking about http://thebbz.com/articles/2013/10/26/m ... clear-lake Third picture down.
poorboy

Post by poorboy »

Ceaser wrote:
poorboy wrote: The "low" numbers are not because of guys like me. It's the sissy leagues (rookie) that have killed the numbers. It's common sense. :
uhh, you mean the sissy leagues you took AOY in?
yup! way back in 07, then I moved on. unlike the guys that stay there for 10 years as a "rookie." That's what kills the numbers. guys will stay there forever. It's cheaper and is less competitive. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of that accomplishment. There are plenty of guys that compete in those that should be fishing in higher level tournaments but hey, if you can get away with it, why not?