NorCal90 Lake Oroville Events !!!

NorCal90

NorCal90 Lake Oroville Events !!!

Post by NorCal90 »

Hello fellow anglers, Jason Bubier here,

Most all of you know that Allison and I have decided to start our own Oroville Trail for the 2014 Season. We are calling our new venture NorCal90. We will be having 6 LOW ENTRY FEE team style events starting on Nov.2nd, 2013 and ending in May of 2014. Our goal is to bring the fun back to fishing tournaments, as well as a little competition, with the possibility of taking home a little cash while you are enjoying the limited amount of time we get doing something we all love. At this time there is no plan for a TOC, making it possible for people to fish with whomever they wish whenever they wish.
There will be a $130 Entry Fee, that includes BigFish. $100 of each entry will go towards the 1-5 basic payback and $10 will go to the BigFish payback ( making the payback 85% for the time being, our goal is to get our events to a 90% payback by the 3rd year). There will be some options (100% payback of course) for those that want to participate in them, these will be kept separate from the basic payback and when the results are sent out (as they are immediately following each event) there will be a copy of the sign-up sheet showing boat #’s with the options that they entered. This will allow each team to see that their monies were all accounted for as well as the breakdown of the options for that event. This is going to be a fun yet competitive type circuit that is open to all skill levels, whether you have never cashed a check fishing before or if you have won a million dollars fishing tournaments (who could that be?????) . We look forward to seeing all of you in the near future.

Here are the Dates for the 2014 Season:
2 Nov. 2013
7 Dec. 2013
1 Feb. 2014
1 Mar. 2014
5th/6th Apr. 2014 (atleast Sat, maybe Sun. as well???)
3 May. 2014

We will not have a Team Event in January due to the fact that we will be having a Pro/Am style event on Jan. 4th/5th 2014.
Pro/Am – January 4th/5th 2014

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, we are building this from the ground up and all input is not only welcome but requested. This will be a Trail ran by Fisherman, for the Fisherman.
Jason Bubier
530-230-8868
ajbubier@sbcglobal.net
george

Re: NorCal90 Lake Oroville Events !!!

Post by george »

You may want to reconsider the name for the trail! It may cause some confusion with Nor-Cal Bass team trail that has been around for thirty years and I think they just may have some sort of name copy rights on it.
I know that they are starting to gain some numbers again and will be back up to the level they once were in no time!

George
NorCal90

Re: NorCal90 Lake Oroville Events !!!

Post by NorCal90 »

Hey George,
I did the checks with the State Secretary/web domains etc... and NorCalBass, WestcoastBass, Leftcoastbass and NorCalFishing was all taken, so we decided to not even have "Bass" or "Fishing" in our name so that we could avoid any copyright infringement issues. The last thing I want to do is step on anyones toes in that area. Thank you for making sure this was not going to be a problem for us. I do appreciate it, as I am not a business man "persay" and am learning this as I go.
Jason Bubier
530-230-8868
ajbubier@sbcglobal.net