BEST BUZZBAIT??

j10b

Re: BEST BUZZBAIT??

Post by j10b »

I like the persuader with the colored cutout metal blade. This only kills the Eastern Florida bass though. I havent tried it out here yet.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

ash wrote:Man I am glad you just didnt give away too much info like placing a Speed Trap or Big Hammer and removing the skirt entirely :lol:

Nice job!

I am not a donkey I wouldnt do something like that.......
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Oh you mean revenge O' the Buzzbaits Ash That's a different pictorial altogether :shock:
Last edited by Kelly Ripa on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

RipnRog wrote:
ash wrote:Man I am glad you just didnt give away too much info like placing a Speed Trap or Big Hammer and removing the skirt entirely :lol:

Nice job!

I am not a donkey I wouldnt do something like that.......
HEE HAWWWW HEEE HAWWWW - did I miss spell dat ? :roll:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Kevin Shin

Post by Kevin Shin »

Thanks John and Kelly :D :D

I'm heading out tomorrow to do some testings....

:) :)
"Kids need models, more than they need critics."
"In youth we learn; in age we understand."
Kevin Shin

Post by Kevin Shin »

Thanks to you guys,,,,,I had one of the best day today.
Thanks again for all the tips/teachings.

I have to thank another man who actually inspired me about buzzbait. If he ever reads this,,,I'm sure he'll know that it's him.
Thank you if you read this.

These are all btwn 4-5 lb fish,,,, :D :D

Last edited by Kevin Shin on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sker13

Post by sker13 »

Nice Job, I see someone is a quick study! 8)
sker13

*NM*

Post by sker13 »

*NM*
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Niiiiiiccce!
Kelly is one of the best teachers around. Listen to what he has to say and you can have days like that. But then, there are some really good folks on this site that are willing to share some information with you if you let them. Kelly, Ray L, Gary Collins, Lance, Pete Marino, Tom Lee just to name a few. There are some guys on here I've never met but they do give some good information that is fishing related. It doesn't always have to be about what spot and what are you catching them on. Information like Kelly gave about this buzz bait, a good portion of people on this site already knew ...a few more did not, those of us who didn't this thread helped. You posted a great question and got a great response's.Then you went out and KICKED A$$ on the green beasties. Very cool

John
I came , I saw, I Cleaned and Dried.
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Nice job on those fish. The modification advice from Kelly worked out real well. By the way kudos on your clean deck carpet....
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Somehow I think Kevin was going to have that kind of a day anyway. He went out and fished it his way! I can give my rod to someone but that never insures that a fish will be produced. It would appear that the club Kevin wanted to add to his bag o' Trix has been achieved. Thanx John for doing the photo's as I think it added to my crude attempts at writing....A picture was worth a thousand words in this case. Not the definitive bait or bend just the girl I dance with....I know that Kevin has learned one very important lesson just by looking at his pictures though.

He has learned how to bend his lure back to snuff after having the $hit knocked out of it by a 5 pounder :wink:

Rip
SoCalBassAssassin

Post by SoCalBassAssassin »

Great post, Kevin. i think I am going to really have to find my nitch with the buzzbaits! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Saul
I came. I caught. I released. Life is good! -Saul-
j10b

Post by j10b »

I use persuader the ones with the different color ( your Choice) metal blade. It works really well. I've been the only one catching them while my pard tried every brand in the box. I think it was the counter rotating cutouts.

http://persuaderamerican.com/buzz-bnb-sm.html
SoCalBassAssassin

i he plenty of buzz baits. i just need to read over kelly's tips again, and take a DEEP breath, and fish them SLOOOOOOOOOOOWER!!!

Saul
Kelly Ripa

Saul...

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I'm fish'n fast when I'm fish'n slow..... :lol:
SoCalBassAssassin

Re: Saul...

Kelly Ripa wrote:I'm fish'n fast when I'm fish'n slow..... :lol:
Meaning?
Kelly Ripa

I am fishing fast when I'm fishing slow....

Post by Kelly Ripa »

As it would pertain to a buzzbait:

As a boater you determine the speed at which the boat goes down the bank. To optimize the bait and the tactic I usually have the boat right on top of the cover as I make my way parallel to the shore and keeping me in the strike zone longer on the retrieve. It burns up the water infront of you quickly as you move forward. I travel miles throwing the bait at a rather quick pace by another methods standards say...... dropshot.... which would make it almost unfishable conditions at those speeds. The whole time you are moving at this speed you make the adjustment with your reel to keep the bait riding nice and slow. So I am in effect fishing slow when I am fishing fast. Get It?

RIP
SoCalBassAssassin

Re: I am fishing fast when I'm fishing slow....

Thanks! yes I get it now.

Saul
Kevin Shin

Re: I am fishing fast when I'm fishing slow....

Post by Kevin Shin »

Kelly,,,

Your help and tips greatly helped me,,,and thanks again.
Yes,,,I had to wire-surgery everytime I got a fish on these buzz.
I think I'll stick to 2 or 3 brands and stock up,,,,I think they go out of mission after a few fish :( :(

John,,,it was nice meeting you in person at DVL.
I couldn't recoginze you when you told me your handle was "none of your business" here because I always read your handle as "nu-nio business",,, :D :D

I didn't post those pics to brag,,,,but to show my appreciation towards these guys who was willing to share.

NEways,,,,it was a wholelotta different kinda fishing from what I used to.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

TTT

Here Ya Go BILLYS a resurrected Buzzbait thread that's so old some of the baits and tackle shops no longer exist :lol: :lol: . But lots of good information.
LET'S GO BRANDON
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Kelly,
Have you tried the buzz frog that has a buzz bait blade in front of a hollow body frog?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
SoCalBassAssassin

No I haven't tried that one. However i have enough buzzbaits to put a hollow frog on the hook of one. Does the buzzbait you are speaking of have a skirt, and could I just put a frog trailer on one of my existing buzzbaits?

HA HA HA Although since I don't have my boat anymore It makes it tough to go fishing lately. Got a back seat for me Kelly?

Saul...
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

SoCalBassAssassin wrote:No I haven't tried that one. However i have enough buzzbaits to put a hollow frog on the hook of one. Does the buzzbait you are speaking of have a skirt, and could I just put a frog trailer on one of my existing buzzbaits?

HA HA HA Although since I don't have my boat anymore It makes it tough to go fishing lately. Got a back seat for me Kelly?

Saul...
Saul,
The buzzbait I'm talking about is the one Bobby Barrack throws. It is a buzz blade on a short shaft in front of a hollow body soft frog. His has plastic swimming legs instead of a skirt for legs. Snag Proof makes his frog, but I made some with some sst wire and buzz blades, and old frogs.
Here's a link:
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Snag_Pro ... SPBPB.html
Because the frog floats, you can work these really slow, work them with a stop and go retrieve, and even pause them without them diving down into the cover.
CLEAN AND DRY
SoCalBassAssassin

Very cool Kelly! thanks for the info! Looks like a great way to frog. How have you done at Casitas with that combination? I have caught some on regular buzzbaits, but haven't had much luck with frogs there.

Saul.
SoCalBassAssassin

oops.. Thanks Mark! Didn't look to see who chimed in. thought it was Kelly. You fish Casitas with em?

Saul.
SoCalBassAssassin

Yes VERY old Post Kelly, but I don't think any of us can get too much information on how to catch those green monsters. lol

Saul
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

shop 8-10-09 031.jpg
Ive been making these for a couple years
even had a guy win a club tourny last year with one
Dave
shop_8-10-09_030.jpg
shop_8-10-09_030.jpg (45.49 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
SoCalBassAssassin

Mark,

i just ordered some parts to put some together. LOL I probably should have just bought a couple from tackle warehouse, but It always to seem more fun when you catch something on one you put together yourself.

Saul..
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Saul,
I haven't fished that buzz frog at Casitas. I haven't been back since March 2008, when they started their quarantine.
Good luck. Home made will catch them just as well, and it is more fun to catch them on something you made.
Mark
CLEAN AND DRY
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

old thread but great. my old man and I fish ONLY our own home made double buzzers. Make them the colors you want and size and all that. We've adjusted and fine tuned them to how different lakes around here like them. MUCH cheaper and like it's been said, catching fish on homemade baits is the BEST thing. :mrgreen:
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
SoCalBassAssassin

Glad to hear that Eric. I know i hace se en you beating the Casitas greenage Man y times!

Saul
CG

Post by CG »

Gann's Stealth series. Surprised no one's mentioned this bait.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Lots of good info in some of these old threads. Maybe WB should add a "Tips and Tricks" forum, and move the most informative there? Yeah, I know, there is a search function but a forum like I suggested would make it much easier and quicker to find some of this info
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
delta4life

Post by delta4life »

Nobody mentioned a buzzbait with a triple wing or even quad wing. It can be fished slower, if needed, and throws a lot of bubbles in its wake. I don't fish with anything else, they get on top immediately. They're harder to locate but worth it. You can clip them to a room fan in the garage to increase the squeak factor. I've left them out there for three days or more. These work better in calmer conditions.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

A floating Buzz Frog. Buzz... Wait..... Buzz.... wait Kalpooooossssssssssshhh!!!!!!!!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

fishinman wrote:A floating Buzz Frog. Buzz... Wait..... Buzz.... wait Kalpooooossssssssssshhh!!!!!!!!
Exactly!
CLEAN AND DRY
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Pretty tough to find the right conditions for your buzz frog on our SoCal waters right now and the foreseeable future Mark. And if you do it's going to be a mighty small window of opportunity :lol: ....I've been watching this thread from work (where I cannot post from)....The guys up north can use clackers and squeeky dolphin stuff and we put multi-bladed clear lexan on our baits and try to get bit( something none of us mentioned) :lol: ....different fisheries for sure. I grew up and cut my teeth on the Delta in the 60's and we owned a resort on Clear Lake in the 70's....I do miss my northern lifestyle in comparison to my new private pond(Casitas) Where I am content to just get on the water now. I'm glad some folks have chimed in about their baits. I brought back this topic to show Billys that we could share info here in the fishing forum. Stratos238 I applaud the idea of saving or somehow showcasing threads that advance the sport...How do would you select them or categorize them? Popularity by the number of hits a topic got? I've seen real good info passed along that wasn't that popular as far as hits were concerned....Content ....that's why the search engine?....Don't know myself it would be up to higher powers and more enlightened minds than mine. :mrgreen: :wink:

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Kelly,
You're right about not have grass and cover to throw to down here in SoCal, with the low water, but it still gets bit over rocky dropoffs and other ambush areas.
A "Tips and Techniques" forum on WB would be great.
CLEAN AND DRY
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Lot's of info here.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

DnM nite stalker dub buzz. So many big fish on this bait over the years. It has won some money.
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

DnM nite stalker. Big fish bait. Lotsa money won on that buzz.