calcutta 401d problem

godzilla

calcutta 401d problem

Post by godzilla »

Like the title says I have a calcutta 401d. Bought this reel brand new and been using for a year now. The issue I have is that it makes a pretty loud buzzing sound when cast out. Took it apart but couldn't figure what it could be. The only thing I could think of is the bearing bc thats what it rides on only when cast. No other mechanical components move I believe. So I put a set of new boca abec orange seal bearings on it but still does the same.I try to research for info but nada. Also after a hand full of cast my reel gets water inside to the gears. Anyone have these problems? Any help and advice would be appreciated! ! Thx
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***
Champion Jon

Re: calcutta 401d problem

Post by Champion Jon »

Bait clicker?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Dan Isaac, ReelEx, services Shimano reels. http://www.reel-ex.com/
He has a post three down from this on the main forums page.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

Champion Jon wrote:Bait clicker?
This reel has no clicker
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

mark poulson wrote:Dan Isaac, ReelEx, services Shimano reels. http://www.reel-ex.com/
He has a post three down from this on the main forums page.
Thx that'll be my last option. I want to try to do it myself first
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

It could be your race (the brass ring) is dry or dirty which causes a squeal when the brake weights rub against it. Use a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean the race first. Then put a light coat of oil on the race also using a q-tip. You can also try cleaning the blackened ends of the brake weights themselves using the alcohol too. Takes less than a minute
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER wrote:It could be your race (the brass ring) is dry or dirty which causes a squeal when the brake weights rub against it. Use a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean the race first. Then put a light coat of oil on the race also using a q-tip. You can also try cleaning the blackened ends of the brake weights themselves using the alcohol too. Takes less than a minute
Thanks ill try that too
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Check the brakes and the bushing on the spool. It will require a drop of oil every once in a while.
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

bantam1 wrote:Check the brakes and the bushing on the spool. It will require a drop of oil every once in a while.
ive change that plastic bushing/bearing on the spool shaft, it still making that buzz noise but not as loud...ill try lubing the brakes as well..