new here from Surprise, Az

McConnell6531

new here from Surprise, Az

Post by McConnell6531 »

My wife and I recently moved back to Arizona after a good stay in Colorado. its good to be back and we just picked up a nice ranger bass boat.
We need some help with tackle set up for the bass out here. we spent a good amount of time dialing in the Colorado trout waters. and now pretty much have Trout tackle.

Does anyone have any pointers for colors, size, and even if brand plays a big part in the lures i want to buy? Crank bait, spinners, rattle traps, top poppers, different soft lures. any pointers would be great.

we got stumped at Pleasant first time out. and my wife caught 2 large mouth bass at Bartlett on live worms dragging the bottom. which is fine cause it works. but i like to sight fish and work lures.

and if there are any secret Bass lakes not to far the phoenix area i can drop our boat in i would greatly appreciate the heads up. Pleasant and Bartlett are too busy on the weekends. looking for some quieter places.

Thanks in advance. and we are looking forward to your pointers.
Attachments
fish2.jpg
WP_20140407_001.jpg
Hipster

Re: new here from Surprise, Az

Post by Hipster »

Try Canyon and Saguaro nice little gems, Lots of dropshotting and split shotting here is AZ. We just moved here from CA a couple of years ago.
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
bass king

Post by bass king »

Keep the fish off the dirt...

The fish will have a greater chance of survival and your pictures will look much better.
McConnell6531

Post by McConnell6531 »

Thanks hipster! your advice wont go unused. and thanks for the no dirt was unaware of the dmg it could cause.