With the great job being done in Washington

For political discussions
Rod Martin

With the great job being done in Washington

Post by Rod Martin »

Looks like this site kind of just petered out.

I stop by every few months, just to see whats up at pedro, but here nothing has changed.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Jeff C.

Re: With the great job being done in Washington

Post by Jeff C. »

Makes sense to me Rod. This forum mostly served as a Republican b1tchfest against our great president but since their side keeps losing again and again it must have got too frustrating. :lol:

Take Obamacare for instance, first the Repubs said that it would wreck our economy, they were wrong - our economy is doing way better than when Obama got into office. Then they said no one would sign up, they were wrong again - 8 million+ was the last figure I heard. They said more people would lose their coverage than get coverage, wrong again, a greater percentage of people have insurance now than before Obamacare was inacted. Time and time again the Repubs have been shown to be wrong. I can see why they would get frustrated and turn away from politics in general.

p.s. where are all those deathpanels the Repubs warned us about?
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Would love to see all your statements backed by something. Do you have sites where you got your numbers?
Find of hard to be worse than when he went in. But has it really recovered? lots of empty houses near us, that have never gone back on market. But then again it is all Bushes fault.

Funny I thought it was just a site Libs came to spread lies. Different viewpoint I guess.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

It did go quiet in here. Personally I just burned out, no point in the pissing matches back and forth I am ok with letting the progressives self destruct, the country is at a 0.1 percent growth rate, they don't need any help. Final word will be this Nov., we will see.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Grumpy, They have the vote now. No stopping them. If you add enough voters to the rolls and promise them IceCream in the form of freebys (paid for with someone else's money) they vote for it.

We won't see it for a while but we are becoming another Greece.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Wait gas is 4.89 a gallon( chevron) and your not crying about that obama is keeping a promise :D Im shock you cry baby republicans aint bitchin on that one.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Cry baby? Namecalling is the surest sign a person has no confidence nor credibility in his argument. But, get back to me after this Nov., I might even send you a box of Kleenex.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Nothing will change in nov your kidding yourself if you think it will im not worried about who in our who out make no difference to me life go on no matter which party is running the country. Just like here in ca who going make the change here republicans i think not the democrats are going to rule and there not much your party going to do about it.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Popper

Post by Popper »

Jeff C. wrote:Makes sense to me Rod. This forum mostly served as a Republican b1tchfest against our great president but since their side keeps losing again and again it must have got too frustrating. :lol:

Take Obamacare for instance, first the Repubs said that it would wreck our economy, they were wrong - our economy is doing way better than when Obama got into office. Then they said no one would sign up, they were wrong again - 8 million+ was the last figure I heard. They said more people would lose their coverage than get coverage, wrong again, a greater percentage of people have insurance now than before Obamacare was inacted. Time and time again the Repubs have been shown to be wrong. I can see why they would get frustrated and turn away from politics in general.

p.s. where are all those deathpanels the Repubs warned us about?
Totally complete ignorance....
Economy doing well?
Let's see....
0ver 90 million people unemployed
50 million on welfare
We've printed 4.5 trillion (Quantative easing)
Doesn't include the the ten trillion debt under Obama watch

Quote from a Democrat:
Give me a blank check book, and I'll show you prosperity of economic illusion too!

And in this case: the illusion destroyed the very fabric of a great nation.
Based on an ideology of Redistribution of Wealth
sluggo42

Post by sluggo42 »

Never saw this “area” before seems nobody has since 2015 or so..

Kinda funny the thoughts back then and where we are now...
Like Obamacare... oops
And the economy.. oops again
Unemployment... etc...

And no posts since Trump got in... eerie quiet...

Probably best as the divide is deep now and nobody can have a civil discussion anymore...
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Did Hillary or Trump win?
**crickets**
Senkosam

Post by Senkosam »

Would appreciate a list of Trump accomplishments while in office as well as his proposed solutions to current national problems and concerns.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
As a result of tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
Record number of regulations eliminated.
Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.

Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.

My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
Increased coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.

Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

Works day and night on the virus
Gave billions of dollars in relief
Had masks manufactured
Manufactured more than enough ventilators
No one could have done a better job with the virus
All this and much more while being attacked constantly and a false impeachment

Economy was great until the governors shut down the states
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

***crickets*** :lol:
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Can anyone tell me what the governor has done to help with the virus ? All I can think Of is shutting down businesses and forcing people to stay home or else.
Hogbassing

Post by Hogbassing »

All the things Trump did where not bad, and all the things Obama did where not good.
Economically Obama did better than his predecessor. Taking in account for want was handed to him I would go as far as saying he did better than Trump. 8 years Obama averaged 13.8 % growth, Trumps 4 years 15.4% tax cuts account for huge part of this. Our deficit is higher than ever before. Both partys dont care about a balanced budget. FYI last time we had a balanced budge. A Democrat was in Washington.
You really need to look into your fact better though. Healthcare is not better and continues to cost more. Hospitals are more expensive than ever. If you ask how much your care is, the hospital can't or won't tell you. Big pharmaceuticals keep taking over the smaller guys the raising the cost on current drugs already developed years ago. Price have skyrocketed 100's of %. Once again Democrat states taking up the fight with these companies.
I believe in climate change. I believe that you only have so much time to make a difference. I believe in science. If you dont believe in science then there is no reason to have. Conversation.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Months later and the Biden people are still saying nothing
Senkosam

Post by Senkosam »

Covid is a big big problem for this and every other nation. Trump was late to the party when it came to making sure people were vaccinated and he downplayed it as well as suggesting a drug that was unproven. He never condemned various governors for policies that stopped mask mandates and now those states have a far higher death rate and hospitalizations than the rest of the country. Over half a million dead and counting. The president past or present has influence especially if he (Trump) IS the party. Have people died indirectly because of him?

Like to know how his legal problems are going. With COVID and Afghanistan drawing all attention away from most news, I wonder when the legal hammer will come down on the Donald's head - tax liability at the top of the list.

As far as his lowering taxes, the rich - private and corporate - benefited most. The rebate checks in the mail were bribes to reelect him - nothing else. Many Americans didn't need that money myself included. As stated before - the deficit is massive and will need reducing sooner rather than later, though the GOP is balking on raising taxes (reducing loopholes) for those that benefited most.

Biden is falling short on immigration control. Pretty soon we will have to be bilingual to communicate questions at Walmart.
The latest nonsense about free college tuition is another bribe for votes. Who exactly qualifies and what if a student drops out after a year or so. Does he or she have to pay back that money?

Show Me! is my motto when it comes to any president. Fed expenses and budgets have to come down sooner rather than later. A bloated military in time of peace doesn't make sense except when a riot is going on in the nation's capital- another issue I have with Trump.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

????
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Biden is the worst President in history
There is no use arguing if you can not see that

Trump is among the greatest we ever had

Let me know whats better now that Biden is here

Please ?
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Just like I thought. The administration is the worst in history. No one can find any good they have done yet.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Liberals Where are u
Last edited by Lawley on Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bobp

Post by Bobp »

argueing with someone who doesnt understand how tax cuts to the rich benefit the middle,is just a simple waste of time and breath
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Still waiting.
Senkosam

Post by Senkosam »

Trump the greatest American president?!!

No doubt he did some good while in office but also some things not so good. Links list the good and bad during his administration - agree or not:
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... sis-451479
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-b ... udiciary-1

But his actions before, during and after the Washington DC riot begs the question: WHERE THE H WAS HE WHEN IT HIT?!!! Ah yes, watching it on TV! In fact he even wanted the secret service driver to drop him off so he could lead the charge! To top it all off, he pretty much praised the rioters after the damage was done - not to mention murder.

Your description of him pretty much soiled itself with his support of the rioters by doing NOTHING! Not very presidential if you ask me and not a good look for the GOP Congress that hasn't really condemned the whole thing - a big fat stain on American democracy. Bet Pence would agree - though he'll never say.

Do ya the Donald he has a chance of ever becoming president ever again - especially after the voter fraud he attempted that still continues to this day?! Bet DeSantis has a better chance.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Senkosam wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:41 am Trump the greatest American president?!!

No doubt he did some good while in office but also some things not so good. Links list the good and bad during his administration - agree or not:
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... sis-451479
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-b ... udiciary-1

But his actions before, during and after the Washington DC riot begs the question: WHERE THE H WAS HE WHEN IT HIT?!!! Ah yes, watching it on TV! In fact he even wanted the secret service driver to drop him off so he could lead the charge! To top it all off, he pretty much praised the rioters after the damage was done - not to mention murder.

Your description of him pretty much soiled itself with his support of the rioters by doing NOTHING! Not very presidential if you ask me and not a good look for the GOP Congress that hasn't really condemned the whole thing - a big fat stain on American democracy. Bet Pence would agree - though he'll never say.

Do ya the Donald he has a chance of ever becoming president ever again - especially after the voter fraud he attempted that still continues to this day?! Bet DeSantis has a better chance.
I hear you man! Trump is a traitor to this country and should be locked up. Never again will schoolchildren be taught that our constitution ensures a peaceful transfer of power. He is a stain in our history and all the politicians that let him get away with treason will be equally stained when all is said and done.

And January 6 was just the most recent and serious example of treason by Trump. Remember when he stood next to Putin and defended him for attacking this country: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvnGjipBZFM

Whether he can be reelected again, I have my doubts. Obviously Biden is weak and needs to be replaced, but elections are pretty much always decided by independents and I don't think they will support Trump. If Biden runs for a second term most likely it will be Desantis or another Republican who wins in 2024.