Lake Amador help please!

Hoooked_Up

Lake Amador help please!

Post by Hoooked_Up »

Going out to lake Amador this Friday with a buddy and my son. I have never been there and have no idea what it's all about. I'm a delta rat so you take me to a lake and I'm lost. Haha... Anyway if anyone can PM me some info on good areas, approach, baits, or any other helpful info I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!
Biggvic

Re: Lake Amador help please!

Post by Biggvic »

There is an episode of True Bass on Lake Amador in the video section. It is filmed in the summer. That might help.
fishin45

Post by fishin45 »

The lake is relatively small compared to most but I will tell you a brush god Texas rigged is a great way to get them there. During the day top water and frogs early in and around any grass that is not out of water. The creek all the way in the back is usually good along with some of the humps and the side of point that drop into deep water. I usually fish at night myself and that is when I do best on the brush hog
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I have fished Amador since the mid seventies , great lake , no worries about other boats , no wake board or jet ski guys .
The Lake is way down , I fished it in Late March and boat ramp was close to the end , you should give em a call before heading out , just to make sure you can launch .
It's a steep banked lake in most area's , fish can tend to suspend . Weeds are mostly scattered and can be deep .If you can find deep(20-40 feet) weeds close to main lake points ----awesome .
Lots of food for bass in Amador ---shad , crawdads , trout , bluegill .
Spooks and frogs at low light , PLastics during the day(robo's, senkos , bungee;s if you still have any ) . I use lightly weighted C-rigs on deep weeds and work in real slow . Spinnerbaits in low light if the spooks and frogs aren't working . Don't get to caught up in the 10-12 inchers chasing shad ---waste of time .
Amador was the first Lake in California stocked with Florida strain (early seventies I think) , lots of really big bass if you can find em .
Robb
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Link to Amador video that was referenced above:
http://www.westernbass.com/dotcom/tv/vi ... id=0000958
MB916

Post by MB916 »

Topwater early, the water is kinda stained so maybe a buzz bait or popper. Nail weighted Senkos have been killing it all over the lake along with jigs and oversized worms. Fish have been stacked on points the last couple of weeks. Cranking should be good too, good luck
hydro

Post by hydro »

just drove over the dam to check water level last weekend and it is extremely low and green . The water had very low clarity like pea soup . I fished the lake during the mid 70's drought and even though it was low like it is now the water was still clear . This lake used to be more like Lake camanche in terms of water clarity versus what it looks like today .

PS - bring lots of money you'll need it to get in
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

for those how have fished recently , how was the launch situation ?
Robb
hydro

Post by hydro »

Robb R wrote:for those how have fished recently , how was the launch situation ?
Robb

Call Lake Amador they will give you launch ramp conditions and up to date fishing report (209) 274-4739
BFerris

Post by BFerris »

No issues launching there this morning, water is low and the ramp is down to one lane but I have seen it much lower so you should be fine!
https://www.facebook.com/TKOTungsten/
www.TKOTungsten.com
Hoooked_Up

Post by Hoooked_Up »

I wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to respond to my post! You guys rock! Went Friday and did pretty well thanks to all of you.