Clear lake Tips

tankyota

Clear lake Tips

Post by tankyota »

Hey guys,
I'm up fishing clear lake and having a tough time. 2-3 fish a day and all in the morning.
Can anyone help me with a part of the lake that is fishing better, baits, etc..
Thanks very much
bass king

Re: Clear lake Tips

Post by bass king »

I haven't been up there at all since June, but....

I'd be throwing a frog for sure...punching...deep crank...maybe even a senko or drop shot...carolina rig
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Since the lake is now reaching low water levels not seen for awhile, bass all over the lake are forced to find new hangouts. I can tell you for sure that the larger bass will find an area that has some form of deep water nearby. That will be difficult up north - deeper weedbeds will be important to find fish. Middle and south end have plenty of deeper water - but there usually needs to be some rock near ledges, drop-offs, and deep rocky flats. Those are the things I look for. But - there has to be food sources close by - crawdads, panfish, etc. Schools of Silversides usually attract the smaller sizes of bass. Don't feel too bad - fishing has been somewhat tough for most of us!!
tankyota

Post by tankyota »

Thank you. I've been fishing the rattle snake area. Going to give it one more go. Have picked off a fish here and there, just haven't found anything consistent. I figured I need tk go deep, just not sure how deep. 10-15? 20-25? 30+?
Thanks for your help!
supermat

Post by supermat »

Check your PM's. The bite is really strong if you put time in to the right areas. The low water has grouped the fish and they're feeding heavily when the weather cooperates.
http://www.bassinguide.com
http://www.tacticalbassin.com