shark attack

mark poulson

shark attack

Post by mark poulson »

I just read this:

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news ... n-co-exist

I'm confused. Shark attacks swimmer, fishermen to blame.
Excuse me, but did they force him to swim in shark infested waters? Is it a big secret that there are great white sharks in our local waters?
I've fished from our local piers for more than fifty years, and this is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.
Since humans aren't the natural prey of great whites, the swimmer can be understood, somewhat.
But all long distance swimmers planning an ocean swim take sharks into account. Some even swim in shark tanks, towed by their support staff.
He did an inherently dangerous thing, and now he, and PETA, are blaming fishermen for the shark attacking him.
I don't get it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
npangler

Re: shark attack

Post by npangler »

Sounds pretty typical for California
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

npangler wrote:Sounds pretty typical for California
You're right. Only in SoCal...now he'll probably sue the fishermen, and maybe even the Govt., for not providing him with a safe ocean to swim in.
CLEAN AND DRY
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

More California liberal crap. As if this sort of thing is the norm. When kids have nothing more to do than play raunchy video games and start lashing out then liberals will be happy. Let's ban everything. How stupid can people be? California is really starting to SUCK.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

DeltaBound wrote:More California liberal crap. As if this sort of thing is the norm. When kids have nothing more to do than play raunchy video games and start lashing out then liberals will be happy. Let's ban everything. How stupid can people be? California is really starting to SUCK.
Dude, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I doubt it has anything to do with a political persuasion. When you live in country where corporations have the same civil rights as people, things are pretty screwed up, period.
To me, it's a question of personal responsibility. That guy decided to swim in the ocean, so he accepted the risks involved, period.
Anyone who thinks fishermen can make a shark attack a swimmer has been watching way too many cheap horror moves.
CLEAN AND DRY
Ong Jim

Post by Ong Jim »

Let's keep this about fishing and keep the political talk in the privacy of your own home. I don't care if it is conservative or liberal, take it else where.
Wanting less = Less work = More time to fish
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Ong Jim wrote:Let's keep this about fishing and keep the political talk in the privacy of your own home. I don't care if it is conservative or liberal, take it else where.
Jim,
I posted it in the fishing forum because fishermen were being blamed.
I agree it is not about politics.
Mark
CLEAN AND DRY
Ong Jim

Post by Ong Jim »

Mark
Your post is legit. It's just when people use fishing or anything for that matter as their political vehicle. Lets just keep this site and the forums clean of politcial litter.
Wanting less = Less work = More time to fish
g-man

Post by g-man »

Sharks attack people, its no mystery. Mostly its mistaken identity but none the less it happens. If you go in the ocean your taking chances with more then just sharks. I myself have seen way to many shark weeks, I'll stick to pools for swimming! Those bastards will snatch you up in 3 feet of water, Im not gonna be a human buzzbait for sharks.

If people go in the water and get attacked thats on them, and I will look forward to seeing them on next years shark week!! Dumb people make great entertainment! :D
100% LL
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

I'm with you there Gman! :D

I swim in the ocean on occasion and I know the risks involved in it... luckily the areas I swim have VERY few sightings if any. I'd not be stupid to swim in Manhattan Beach areas or anything north of Pt Coneption. I'd rather NOT be floating shark teaser!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

From the article:
"However, many people swim right by the pier even though county regulations prohibit swimmers, surfers, scuba divers and others from recreating within 100 feet of any pier, Hagemann said."

What did the swimmer not understand about this regulation?

It's a fishing pier. Get it?

(This is definitely Obama's fault :wink: )
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
g-man

Post by g-man »

Every things Obamas fault! LOL :wink:
100% LL