Ranger Boat Question

jsc11700

Ranger Boat Question

Post by jsc11700 »

I am going to be in the market to upgrade my boat soon and I have decided that I want to go with a Ranger. I have a question regarding the hull designs over the past few years. What is the difference in hull design from the early 520vx and the newer Z520 series? Also Ranger introduced the 'Z series' (Z20, Z21 etc) in the mid 2000's but seemed to quickly go away from these. I will more than likely buy used, and I really like the look of the Z20. I am just curious if there is a reason that Ranger discontinued these so quickly.

Thanks
AZRangerboy

Re: Ranger Boat Question

Post by AZRangerboy »

Sent you a PM.
adamsj13

Post by adamsj13 »

jsc11700 wrote:I am going to be in the market to upgrade my boat soon and I have decided that I want to go with a Ranger. I have a question regarding the hull designs over the past few years. What is the difference in hull design from the early 520vx and the newer Z520 series? Also Ranger introduced the 'Z series' (Z20, Z21 etc) in the mid 2000's but seemed to quickly go away from these. I will more than likely buy used, and I really like the look of the Z20. I am just curious if there is a reason that Ranger discontinued these so quickly.

Thanks
I have an 05 ranger z20. I love it. Not very fast but fishes great and lots of storage. I would recommend one. They usually go for 23000 - 30000 depending year and condition. At least that is what I found when I was looking earlier this year. Not sure why the short life span. I think 3 or 4 years. I would buy another one
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I have owned all of these models and I'm pretty confident I can answer any question you have on the different boats. I can arrange demo rides in several of these too.

Please give me a call at Dobyns Rods...530-671-1989 Mon-Fri

I'll be glad to help!!!
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

I have a 2006 Z21 that has been very good to me. I think the only thing I would improve on is the latch rail locking system for the compartments. Hook up with Gary, there is nobody around that could provide the information and experience he has with Ranger boats. Richie Rich
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

I would contact Ranger Boats directly and ask them the question on the various hull designs of the models you listed as they are all different.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
kmah

Post by kmah »

If you are close to Delta or Sacramento, I can help as well.

Like Gary, I've owned/fished out of all three models that you are asking about.

K. Mah
209-581-4140
dogfish2

Post by dogfish2 »

Sent you a PM
jsc11700

Post by jsc11700 »

Thank you all for the info. As I get a little closer to pulling the trigger I may take a couple of you up on the offer for a test run.
drew

Post by drew »

Many of us have the same questions. Its a shame that no one could just answer the OP's original questions. :roll:
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

REALLY?
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

drew wrote:Many of us have the same questions. Its a shame that no one could just answer the OP's original questions. :roll:
Exactly why I suggested a call to Ranger Boats and get the answers/info directly from them. :idea:

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

Sounds like you need to research the boat before you decide that it is the boat for you?

Ranger makes a nice boat, but they have had some issues with certain year models like most other boat manufacturers though I don't recall the exact details so I won't comment on them.

There is a website called bass boat central that will give you a lot more boat brand specific information than you will get here.

I would strongly suggest riding in a boat before you buy it so you can compare it to others.

Calling Ranger directly will most likely not get you all the info you want.

Good luck!
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

There are lots of differences. I know how the Z 520 came about and I can probably answer most anything. I type "slow" or I could write a book here. Plus after answering a question or two...it'd probably lead to more questions. As far as calling Ranger Boats factory...they are GREAT company and HUGE with customer service and can probably give you info....but odds are the person probably has not rode in all these models in 30 MPH wind on water like Lake Mead or Columbia River. There's at least 3 guys posting on this to try and help that have 100's of hours in each one of those models. We're proud of our boat company and will try and help. For me...phones are easier. My number is 530-671-1989....Now Joe or Ken probably don't type with one finger...so they have no excuse :) :)
Keith Tripp

Post by Keith Tripp »

Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to answer your questions as well as set up a demo ride.. No doubt Gary Dobyns, Ken Mah or Little Joe can answer questions as well..

Thank you

Keith Tripp
Ranger Boats
Regional Sales Manager
602-722-5729
Trippsales@gmail.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Looks like Ranger boss-man woke up early from his nap :D Heard something about working on a wheel barrow :D :D

Tripp has been the Ranger Rep through all these models. If anyone wants to talk with Ranger Factory.... I'd suggest talking to Keith Tripp. In all likelihood Ranger will send you to Keith anyway. This is why he makes the big bucks :)

Also guys, Ranger does a Product Knowledge Event every November. Great factory tour...lots of info...get all questions answered....and see all the "extra" steps in building process. Heck, Forrest Wood Museum is next door to the factory. Pretty awesome seeing all the older stuff!!

It might help convince the misses that you need a new RIDE :D
kmah

Post by kmah »

I don't want to hijack this thread but I'll definitely whoop your Arse in some typing Dobyns. But I have a lotta of catching up to do in the boat winning department. :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen:

Wow Tripp sighting on a fishing forum...though he was deer hunting...or at least walking around spooking them all. LOL
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

How about I throw in the towel early Ken....save my finger :D It might be a high jack of the thread but lots of options for help and Tripp's in the game...I think we're peons now :) ...Hell we need to have a little fun :) Just so you know ..... I just sent Tripper a message and said If Little Joe, Ken, or I couldn't answer all the questions....he could fire you and Joe !! I got your back buddy :) :)
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Gary,
Are you in the museum? Just sayin....
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Keith Tripp

Post by Keith Tripp »

WOW had I known it could be this much fun I'd have fired you guys up a long time ago.. Yes Ken Gary has your back alright... Come on Ken is it deer season??? I better get ready and out there!!! Wheel barrow Gary?? I thought you said I could use the glove box on your Brinks truck as the rest of it is packed???

Good work guys, hopefully we can answer some questions as well...

Thanks, Tripper