To the 2 idiots

kraetzer

To the 2 idiots

Post by kraetzer »

That came up 5 feet left and right from me, in the 5 mph zone in old sac (I guess my gps 5 mph are different than others) and than decided to blast off and both cut about 10 - 15 feet in front of me. I don't know if you checked in your brains too and you haven't heard about the tragic events that happened in the past but you also have a responsibility towards other boaters and their safety.
For the future I'm gonna put a little notepad in my boat to write down all the details and report them to the TD and i hope everybody else does too. We have to get rid of those people before something happens.

Tight lines,
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
duaneg4

Re: To the 2 idiots

Post by duaneg4 »

Unfortunately this happens more and more each year for my partner and I also. Safety seems to be an after thought when money is involved. I've come to expect this type of behavior from pleasure boaters, but not tournament anglers. Unless you are willing to file a protest, most TDs will not follow through with any consequences. Having said that, unless the reporter is willing to stand up for themselves I wouldn't either.

With today's technology, a cell phone or video/digital camera would help alleviate any debate on whether or not the event or situation took place.

These behaviors go beyond sportsmanship. There have been several boating tragedies nationwide this past year. The drought will make this behavior more dangerous. As our bodies of water get smaller here in California, more boats on smaller waters will lead to more close calls. As long as this behavior is tolerated it will continue.

It's past the time to look the other way. Save yourself and others. Report.

Duane Goudy
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Funny how people who b!tch and moan about how rude skiers and wakeboarders are will turn around and do stuff like that to other fishermen.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Hey K-man, yesterday a lot of FPT guys demonstrated exactly why the general public has a bad view of us.

From a lot of guys observing the 5 MPH zone at Freeport, passing the boat ahead of you in the 5 MPH zone to using the Salmon boats as their own slalom course markers.

At Freeport it was dangerous, about 25 boats were slowed to 5 and observing the 5 MPH when as group of another 20 blew threw the 5's weaving in-n-out of the idling boats. While this was going on a Sac. Co. Sheriff was on the levee on his PA yelling at us to slow down. NO ONE listened. While in the 5's guys had no issue with passing the idling boat in front of them. Then the salmon guys were in a cross as 40-50 bass boats came at them at 60+ MPH. Surprised no one was hurt.

My experience yesterday goes out to the idiot in a silver/white Nitro running a Merc 175 in Elk Slough about 11 AM .....you blew pass me at a distance of a boat length at better than 30 MPH. You also buzzed the Gomes brothers and three other boats on your way out of that narrow (50 feet wide max.) slough.

YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!!!!

Evidently some have a lot to learn and none of it is fishing related....basic common courtesy and thinking of the safety of others around you would be a start.
Hoooked_Up

Post by Hoooked_Up »

When this tournament was moved to the Sac river I knew this would be an issue. My partner and I discussed this before the tournament as we knew it would cost us a lot of time to stop at each marina. We decided when it's said and done getting to and from safely is the primary objective. Sure we want to win and yes we would love more fishing time...
The rule is stated as follows:

• Observe speed limits and restricted zones - 5 MPH within 100 feet of the swimmer or 200 feet from a beach or docked boat.

My partner and I stopped behind the line of boats in the 5mph zones however there are a few marinas that are more then 200 feet from the other shore. We got passed by several boats not only going full speed but also by people going 7-8mph just to get ahead. It's my understanding that there is to be no passing in a 5mph? Technically the guys that blasted through some of the places weren't in the wrong however they did make is unsafe for others. I think the Salmon boats where put at more risk then the other bass boats. Many of the salmon boats where 14-16ft aluminum and aren't very sturdy to begin with. Now they had waves hitting them from every direction. And to boot some of the guys that did this where the sponsored guys with full wrapped boats with names on the sides! Going forward I really don't think it will change though. Some people are willing to risk it all for a trophy!
cking

Post by cking »

Until all for you stop doing your complaining on WB and start doing it to the TD, this kind of crap will keep going on. Just make a note of what kind of boat the jackass is in and turn them in. FPT will do what's right.
scott h

Post by scott h »

Maybe every FPT tournament should start with a boat operating safety course and a fish care course?
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
DL

Post by DL »

cking wrote:Until all for you stop doing your complaining on WB and start doing it to the TD, this kind of crap will keep going on. Just make a note of what kind of boat the jackass is in and turn them in. FPT will do what's right.
Police you're own, fellas. cking is right. Until protests are filed and guys are disqualified, this is going to keep happening. The bad part it is guys like this don't stop doing it until they run somoeone over...by then its too late.
"Feel the steel"
bassz21

Post by bassz21 »

why is fpt always having some sort of problems ive never fished them but is it because they are so cheap so anyone fishes it ????? not bashing just wondering because it always seems to be them with problems first
g-man

Post by g-man »

bassz21 wrote:why is fpt always having some sort of problems ive never fished them but is it because they are so cheap so anyone fishes it ????? not bashing just wondering because it always seems to be them with problems first
Bad leadership equals bad results, just sayin... :D
100% LL
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I worked for a local tournament trail down here at Castaic for a few years, and one of the things our TD, Mike Iljin, stressed at the prelaunch meeting was not speeding, not passing others on blastoff, and no wakes in the coves, even when they weren't buoyed and marked.
I realize that the Delta is a lot more complicated than Castaic, so there are more no wake areas everyone has to be aware of.
A digital camera is a great way to memorialize idiots who ignore the rules.
A TD can't be everywhere, and he or she can only work with what is presented to them by the affected parties.
I know I don't do it. I typically yell at speeders, and invite them to come over and discuss things, but I'm not fishing tournaments.
But you guys can really help your TD by recording these episodes, and bringing them back pictures.
A disqualification for unsafe boating will go a long way toward curbing other idiots, but the TD can only do that with your help. They need proof.
Most TDs also fish, so they understand how dangerous speeding can be.
They want a successful, safe tournament every time out. It makes their trail more appealing, and, ultimately, more successful.
When you think of the liability insurance the TD pays for, you begin to see how running a safe tournament it really important to them. A boating accident in one of their tournaments puts their insurance at risk.
Not to mention how quickly word of mouth can sink a trail.
There are a few idiot directors, too, from time to time, but they get weeded out when you guys stop fishing their tournaments.
So it's really up to you guys to do your part. Take pictures, or get their CF numbers, if you can't get a picture, and give that to the TD.
Help them do their job, so you can all compete on a level playing field.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY