Secret world of bass fishing cheaters?

Brian D.

Secret world of bass fishing cheaters?

Post by Brian D. »

Interesting article that covers the bass fishing cheating "syndicate" across the nation with some focus and interview of SoCalif's very own infamous cheater - Mike Hart.

http://grantland.com/features/bass-fishing-cheaters/
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Andy Lippert

Re: Secret world of bass fishing cheaters?

Post by Andy Lippert »

Interesting read--however, I don't for one second buy the un-premeditated description of Hart's actions.

He was "in a panic about his dead fish so he reached into his tackle box..." Tough to believe that to be true given the intricate nature of his weight/hook contraptions.

Absolutely sick how far some of these turds take it...and there's no doubt that there are countless others out there who have never gotten caught.
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Andy Lippert wrote:Interesting read--however, I don't for one second buy the un-premeditated description of Hart's actions.

He was "in a panic about his dead fish so he reached into his tackle box..." Tough to believe that to be true given the intricate nature of his weight/hook contraptions.

Absolutely sick how far some of these turds take it...and there's no doubt that there are countless others out there who have never gotten caught.

yeah... there were pictures of the weights... very unlikely it was a "game time decision"...that is a system to keep them inside.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Levy

Post by Levy »

good article.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

Good Story Brian. Sometimes we just put too much pressure on our selves and the results most of the time are deadly. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Mike was not only a great fisherman, he truly loved the sport and just plain old fishing and catching. Mike could probably make a living teaching (bass fishing). I'd sign up for a class.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I felt exactly the same Andy. Plug knocker? :lol: A torpedo sinker in a bass boat :lol: I always use a hook on my plug knocker and carry extras in case of?????....Fishing for $100,000 I'm going to break out a plug knocker to get my bait back :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: We'll have to see that in instant replay super slow motion when KVD kills off his bite to get his ripbait back with his stealth torpedo sinker system :mrgreen:. Step away from the koolaide
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Great read, Brian. Thanks.
I have no doubt Mike Hart cheated at the US Open.
And, based on the reports and photos of torpedo weights with hooks attached, it was clearly premeditated, too.
But I can tell you, in all the years I worked for Mike Iljin on his Anglers Choice Castaic Lake trail as weighmaster, no one cheated by putting a weight in a fish. All the dead fish were taken home by my fellow worker, Terry Kratzer, to be eaten, and he never reported anything. We actually had very few dead fish, period.
Mike Hart and his family have paid a steep price for his cheating.
I think enough is enough. It's time to move on, and let him have to live with himself.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

Very good read.
Both the Story of Bass Competition and the story of cheating within it.
It definitely won't go away, so I can only hope for karma :-).
I sure hope that it's a very very small percentage.

Anyway, Makes me want to go out and try to figure them out even more.
Thanks,
Rene
g-man

Post by g-man »

Good read..

I don't believe for a second that it was not premeditated and no way was it the first time. The guys a dirt bag and I'm confidant there are many more.

The guy with the bass tied around his neck under his jacket?! OMG LMAO!!
100% LL