Shimano has always stood behind the quality of all our products and with that in mind we are adding two Rod Service programs to use in addition to the 1 Year Limited Warranty.
The two additional programs are simple and straight forward. They are:
• 30 Day Guarantee – Protection against initial failure
• Shimano Express Service Plan – A one-time safeguard against accidental breakage at a discounted price
30 Day Guarantee
• Consumers will be required to have a valid receipt as stated on the 1 Year Limited Warranty and with the 30 day Guarantee. It is important that we remind consumers to hold on to their receipt to ensure their warranty will be valid. (We will accept a variety of receipt options including photos from a smartphone)
• The Shimano Express Service is a one-time opportunity for the consumer to replace a rod that was broken under non-warranty circumstances. This option will allow customers to receive a new rod at 50% off MSRP
• The Shimano Express Service will cover rods that were sold prior to the warranty change and had a limited lifetime warranty, including discontinued models. A list of rod models is on our website.
• There is no change to the Shimano 1 Year Limited Warranty. The two new programs are Rod Service options that Shimano is providing for consumers and dealers (should a dealer elect to handle this for their customer)
• Both service options provide express two day shipping and no hidden fees
• Dealers can elect to play a role in these Rod Service programs or instruct the consumer to contact Shimano directly
• The Rod Service programs will roll out officially February 11, 2015 on the Shimano web site and will be active immediately
• Both Rod Service options will require the dealer or the consumer to call Shimano directly for evaluation of the best option in getting you back on the water as cost effectively and quickly as possible
If you have any additional questions please contact us directly at 800-353-3677
Copyright © 2013-2017 WesternBass.com ®