Curado 201 I problems

Cesar L

Curado 201 I problems

Post by Cesar L »

I purchased 4 of these reels and have had to send one of them back to shimano 3 times for the same issue. When I make a long cast or when reeling in there is a buzzing sound. Every time shimano says it is fixed, it comes back with the same issue right out of the box. I appreciate them honoring the warranty but I've had to pay for the shipping to them each time and it's getting expensive. To top it off another reel is starting to do the same thing. Anybody have any ideas?
H.johnson

Re: Curado 201 I problems

Post by H.johnson »

I had the same issue with this model, it also affected my casting distance. If you remove the side plate there are these red tabs that need to be pushed down and that should fix the problem.. did for me at least. Good luck
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The SVS brakes are slightly different than our older VBS reels. If you turn the brake on, make sure to swing it down before you close the side plate. You also need to do a little maintenance on the brakes from time to time to reduce the noise. There is a yellow sheet of paper showing where they need oil. The frequency of maintenance is a little overstated, but this is a good guide to use should they start making a little noise.

Send me a PM with your info so that I can look up your repair history.
jg

Post by jg »

I have the same issue with 1 of mine. It just screams on the cast and then will not on a cast.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Have you oiled the brakes and brake pipe as shown in the instruction sheet?
jg

Post by jg »

No I have not but I will try that next. I just finally have started buying shimano and just a little disappointed that a new reel needs to be serviced to work right.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I understand your frustration and have been working on a way to eliminate the chance of noise on the SVS braking system. They do require a little more maintenance, but it is very simple to perform. It literally takes 30 seconds or less to perform.
jg

Post by jg »

Did the oil thing and the reel never made a noise this weekend.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Good to hear.