The 5th Annual Yamamoto Big Bass Challenge is back!

AnglersPress

The 5th Annual Yamamoto Big Bass Challenge is back!

Post by AnglersPress »

Above: Derek Dagneau, a "starving" college student, gives up a big "Oh Yeah"! when he received a $10,000 check in the Yamamoto Big Bass event!

BETHEL ISLAND, Ca - If you simply LOVE to fish for bass, and want to do it in a fun, yet competitive environment – with a chance to win lots of cash, then you simply do not want to miss out on the big Yamamoto Big Bass Challenge event coming back to the California delta June 6th and 7th at Russo’s Marina for the 5th consecutive year.

How much more simple can it be?

· Anglers of all ages, and skill levels can compete

· There are NO membership, permit, or addtional insurance fees

· A low cost entry fee of only $75 per day

· There can be as many anglers in the boat as US Coast Guard regulations allow

· The event is being held on a centrally located water considered by many as one of the best bass
fisheries in the U.S.

· The event is being held at a time of year where good weather prevails and the bite should be
fantastic

· Every hour on the hour, for 6 hours - for 2 days, you have a chance at CASH prizes given out to
the 5 biggest bass of each hour - with over 60 checks being given out over a 2 day period!

· The top 12 biggest fish winners draw for a for a Grand Prize of $10,000!*

· The OVERALL big fish of the event will receive $3,000* for the overall big fish

· The top 25 big fish winners will automatically qualify for the 2016 Coors Light Delta Open Teams to fish
for a new vehicle!

So what are you waiting on?!!

Get off the couch...call the Angler’s Press offices TODAY ....and get signed up to be part of the biggest
event of the year!

The 5th annual Yamamoto BIG BASS Challenge is here!

See you all there!

Angler’s Press
http://www.anglerspress.com
916-768-0938

*See rules for payout specifics
Levy

Re: The 5th Annual Yamamoto Big Bass Challenge is back!

Post by Levy »

Your website nor any of the rules or forms show what the payback % is. Please advise what the payback % is so I can determine if I will enter your event.

My hope is that this will be at least a 100% payback like it should be for a swag only tourney but look forward to your reply confirming.

I also noticed in the rules that there is a $150 charge to file a protest and you lose this money if the protest is not upheld. I have never seen this before is this now a common thing. Why would we be charged to ask you to enforce or verify a rule violation?

Thanks
Jon Levenson
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

Levy wrote:Your website nor any of the rules or forms show what the payback % is. Please advise what the payback % is so I can determine if I will enter your event.

My hope is that this will be at least a 100% payback like it should be for a swag only tourney but look forward to your reply confirming.

I also noticed in the rules that there is a $150 charge to file a protest and you lose this money if the protest is not upheld. I have never seen this before is this now a common thing. Why would we be charged to ask you to enforce or verify a rule violation?

Thanks
Jon Levenson
This is a fun tournament to fish, and for that reason, it draws a lot of boats. However, you may not get an answer to your question. This was a topic that was brought up last year, and after the math, the pay out is not great.

I hope that they do post a response to your question. I would like to know as well. Also, I've been told by a few people that many people use other lures other than yamamoto. In the past, you don't have to clean out your boat, you just have to have something on your line that is a part of the yamamoto line up. That part is cool, but it makes it easier for people to cheat.

Having said all that, I'm probably going to fish it regardless. Most days, I can catch a 5 or 6 lber, and that takes care of the entry fee, Plus, you always have a chance of catching a monster, which puts you in the drawing for $10,000.
Jared
e-mail: Birdi23nls@aol.com

www.mayhemlures.com
slkric

Post by slkric »

The website clearly states payout and gives examples. go to 2015 big bass event, Click on Download Rules, Read.

http://anglerspress.com/2013-02-12-04-3 ... event.html

Levy

Post by Levy »

slkric wrote:The website clearly states payout and gives examples. go to 2015 big bass event, Click on Download Rules, Read.

Actually it does not. If you notice the asterics, they indicate payouts are based on number of entries. What I am asking for is what is the payout % from what the anglers pay in entry fee's?

Example Tracy Bass and the next Snag Proof Open are paying back at least 100% of angler entry fee's.
slkric

Post by slkric »

Actually it does not. If you notice the asterics, they indicate payouts are based on number of entries. What I am asking for is what is the payout % from what the anglers pay in entry fee's?
actually gave payout for table was listed for 200-299 participants and another table for 300+
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Hey Jon,
I doubt you will get a reply on the exact percentage, but who knows. I can tell you by doing the math based on payout info, it's not 100% payback so if that is what you were hoping for than it sounds like it's not going to be an event you will want to take part in. If your looking for a fun specialty event that you have a chance to make a up to a possible $13,500 for just one fish... Then all it costs is $150 for a chance at some prize money over the 2 days of fishing.
Like Birdi said, it's marketed as a fun "big fish" event... But I do not see it being 100% payback plain and simple. For example, if you take the "example" payback that is provided under the rules then you can do the math and see it's not 100% payback...

Use 300 entries x's $150 = $45,000

$1500 per hour in payouts x's 12 hours (2 days) = $18,000
Overall big fish = $3,000 (up to.. per rules)
Grand prize draw = $10,000 (up to.. Per rules)
Total = $31,000
** unless my math is off...
You either have to be okay with fishing for less than 100% payback or not... Really what it boils down too..

Good luck with your decision..
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Levy

Post by Levy »

Thanks Randy. If your numbers are correct then the Org is pocketing nearly 30% of the participants money!!!

I believe all tournaments are fun and I typically do pretty well but for me I will not participate as I do not feel that the Org should be taking 30% off the top. I especially feel this way for a swag only tournament where we have to purchase all of the bait and the sponsor company get's all of the free pub and increased sales.

Of course if the Org would like to chime in and provide the correct/actual payout % numbers I certainly can change my mind if it is at 100% or better like it should be.

Can anybody answer my question in regards to why there is a $150 charge to file a protest?? If I read this correctly you lose this money if the protest is not upheld. I have never seen this before. Is this now a common thing for different orgs? Why would we be charged to ask you to enforce or verify a rule violation?