Howdy

Eric Thoss

Howdy

Post by Eric Thoss »

Just dropped in to say howdy. Been out of bass fishin' way too long. Nice to still see a few names from the past out there. My Champion is long gone and have not gotten a hook wet in years. My life has taken many twist and turns. I have an amazing new wife and son and they are both encouraging me to dig out the Bass gear and start liven' again. I kept the rods so at least I have a place to start.

I remember so fondly the Nutcase events and all of the tournaments. The hook tournaments, CO pro-teen, snag-proof open, WON BASS pro-ams, West Coast Bass, Take a Special Person Fishing events and so many more.

I hope to find a way to get back out on the water soon. The used boat market looks a little bleak right now and the new boat market is INSANE!

Hope to get back out there and see some of you all again.

Eric Thoss
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Re: Howdy

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

Erick, Jay Liu (Jay Liu’s Service) nice to see you are still around. I don’t know what you could afford, but there are plenty of used bass boats for sale, and plenty of older ones that might fit your budget. I retired and moved to Redding Ca, but I still do the trolling motor repairs. If you want to talk, you can call me at 530 246-8051 and talk over old times.
Jay
Eric Thoss

Post by Eric Thoss »

Hey Jay! Thanks for saying hi! I remember fishing a WON Bass pro am with you on Oroville. It was February about 32.5 degrees pouring rain and 30 MPH winds. I don't think your bilge pump ever stopped pumping that morning.

I will find another boat one day. But with new boats running well over $60k the used market is pretty steep as well.

I bought a home up in Pioneer and am now starting to check out Amador and Pardee as these are right down the road from me.

How are the knee's holding up? The last time I saw you I think you had just had the second one done.
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

The knees are fine, the problems I have now is age related, but I get around just fine. I fish 3 to 4 times a week mostly Shasta and Trinity, but I still go to the Delta, Clear Lake, and Oroville. Keep in touch and if you ever get up this way I’ll take you fishing

Jay