Got A Letter From Fish and Game today

DaveH

Got A Letter From Fish and Game today

Post by DaveH »

Not Looking Good For Fisheman...
Notice of Proposed Emergency Acton
Measures for Fisheries at Risk Due to Drought Conditions

This Isn't going out to the general pubic, I got it because I'm a Licenced Guide so there slipping this past everyone, but belive me were all going to be effected.
So share this and get your voice heard or cry later when they tell you the lake is closed to fishing until further notice.

Cooch

Re: Got A Letter From Fish and Game today

Post by Cooch »

Formal notice of potential to come. The number they gave to call about closed lakes is not yet in service. Something similar went out, not drought related, when they shut down the Salmon fishing a few years back, this could be a CYA for them in the event certain trout & Salmon type fisheries get into serious trouble and closing is not gonna be a surprise. Don't know how many anglers actually got this, but if all licensed anglers did, what an expensive way fer them ta git the word out!

Ironically, Frank's Tract and south could already be in trouble with the first two items due to them blocking the tidal flow at False River. Algae bloom has already started in Frank's and the current flows from Franks to Indian are very minimal the past three weeks! Toss in the amount of spraying the past month and the current plant die off, oxygen levels are surely being affected!

This whole "Commission" thing is a joke, cause they will have more power than those at DFG, I doubt, black bass are any of The Commissions concerns here. I know the states biologists at DFG have more concern and knowledge than these clowns in this appointed Commission!
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

JOKE is an under-statement my friend. Both the Commission and it's minions have their collective heads up their arse's! Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

When I saw the letter I'm thinking ok so I didn't turn in the log for last months guide trips...
So I'm assuming it went out to people who could be hit in the wallet with closures.
At least in so Cal people forget there water resovours not lakes, and down here the fisheries have been on the low side of the post for as long as I can remember so when they say it's for protecting the fish it's a bad joke.
People in so Cal steal water and use it like they stole it...
City, the mall, the HOA's all over water still, I'm taking the dog out and irrigation water from a few homeowners that are clueless or just feel that there going to get there share and F everyone else.
Just another democratic, gov brown, tree hugger bs to shut down outdoor sports.
Buy a iPad and down load the bass fish app or join fantasy fishing.
reddog

Post by reddog »

So I have to admit that I didn't read the whole letter because as soon as I hit the part that was talking about the costs resulting from this and it listed NONE, I call bull?"&#%$$@!!! And I AM OUT! These knotheads will never understand the big picture. There is a LOT of costs involved here. The marinas, local business, launch fees, boat dealers, tackle shops, (brick and mortar, and online), the local population that works at these business, rental homes, boats, the list goes on. The worst part about this is it can be prevented to some degree with just a little planning. LA needs to start thinking about desalinzation (I dont know how to spell that sorry), and stop having those giant beautiful lawns! Just because you make movies or music practice what you're preaching about and start "saving water" ALL YEAR not just when there's a drought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Tell me again why elected/appointed officials make fish-related decisions, and not the DFW, who truly understand our fisheries.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

I don't remember " stealing water " from No Cal ........
reddog

Post by reddog »

So it dawned on me today that they just closed Folsom to all boating for the year, I have no doubt that this letter and the media campaign that's beginning is just prep work for the big shoe drop to come, does this mean I can call or stop by the parks division and get my money back for my pass including the launching option I just purchased in JUNE!!!!!!!!!!! How about my fishing license money???? If they're gonna start making changes midstream because they cant plan things out well enough to give people time to plan for this shouldn't they be responsible to reimburse us for the lost opportunity??? Unfortunately the older I get the more I recall what my grandfather said 30 years ago, " If we all just said to hell with these guys and didn't buy ANY licenses for 1 year they'd go broke and then they'd HAVE to think about serving the hunters and fishermen that actually pay for them to #$@% us!"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

mike at robo wrote:I don't remember " stealing water " from No Cal ........
The San Joaquin Valley farmers, who use 90% of the Aqueduct water(at a fraction of the cost per gallon that SoCal residents pay) and export it when they sell their crops overseas, are the one's who are "stealing water" from all of us.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

A & B could apply to nearly every bass lake in CA during the summer if they measure the top 2 feet of the water column, especially at night!
Tom
SpookFreak

Post by SpookFreak »

So what can we do. What's the plan. Petitions? We need a strategy. This affects all sportsmen.
We need big guns to get involved with big ideas and us to support them.
We need to start a grass roots movement.

Maybe the WB moderators can keep this post on the top because it is important.

!!!!! WE THE PEOPLE CAN FIX THIS !!!!
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

SpookFreak wrote:So what can we do. What's the plan. Petitions? We need a strategy. This affects all sportsmen.
We need big guns to get involved with big ideas and us to support them.
We need to start a grass roots movement.

Maybe the WB moderators can keep this post on the top because it is important.

!!!!! WE THE PEOPLE CAN FIX THIS !!!!

NO YOU CAN'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calif. has past the tipping point, Like what you have now, it will get worse.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
hydrophonix

Post by hydrophonix »

reddog wrote:So it dawned on me today that they just closed Folsom to all boating for the year,"

What do you mean they closed Folsom to all boating for the year?
barse41

Post by barse41 »

Any of you guys ever read the monkey wrench gang?
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
SpookFreak

Post by SpookFreak »

Guess it's time to pack up and head east. Plenty of water there. Or stay and don't pay state taxes.