C.O. Pro-Teen Still Short Boaters! Your help is needed!

Cooch

C.O. Pro-Teen Still Short Boaters! Your help is needed!

Post by Cooch »

Ya know, I won a boat in a BassMasters, it was a dream come true and one of the most exciting moments of my life. This will be my 18th Pro-Teen, there ain't a day on the water that have compared to the first 17 events. The tingles, the chills, the emotions that pour through out my soul on this day, are unbelievable and worth every moment of my time. I lost a father figure in Conroy, he taught and instilled so many values with in me, most importantly, to spend the time and get involved with these kids. He always told me no matter how many times ya win or loose, none of that fishing time will ever compare to the efforts and time ya spend with kids fishing. This was such a wise and profound lesson from C O.

So I do this event in his name and footsteps, he's the one we all need to really remember and thank for this event. So we thank you all, for being a part of that memory and helping to support and keep those same values of C O's alive and well!

At this point, two weeks away, we have 22 registered boaters and need more than 60 to get the kids we have signed up out in this years event. This is the high light for many of these kid's fishing for the year and summer. If you can make this event on July 19th at Russo's and possible make some kid's dream come true, git on out to the boater registration page and sign up http://www.westernbass.com/proteen/register !
Cooch

Re: C.O. Pro-Teen needs boaters!

Post by Cooch »

I want to thank the 8 boaters who have signed up since I posted yesterday morning, yer making a difference in some kids life!
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Just signed up, Cooch!
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
basskisser2002

Post by basskisser2002 »

Last year was the first year I had a boat with no holes in it. It's not a fancy expensive bass boat. It's just a 17' 6" Grizzly. This didn't seem to matter to the kid that went out with me. He caught his first ever bass (actually he caught about 8) and as we were pulling into the docks he was jumping like a barefoot man on a metal roof in July. He saw his dad waiting for him and just couldn't contain his excitement to tell his dad about all of the fish he caught.
Since then he has joined a kids bass club in Salinas and started tournament fishing with his dad. As for me, I chuckle ever time I pull into Russo's thinking about him. Please sign up. It will be totally worth your time.

George Meyers
I'm just a little ball of hate
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Thanks guys, as of this afternoon, I have 35 registered boaters. Still a ways off in assuring these kids git out for the Pro-Teen Classic XVIII.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

It's been a slow grind yet we're still plugging away fer boaters for this year's Pro-Teen event. As of this morning, less than 24 hrs away out boater count sits at 46, we can still use another 20+ boaters for tomorrows event. Ya don't need to be a touring pro, just an avid angler who loves the sport of bass fishing and has the time to spend a morning with a kid fer 6 hours on the Delta. These kids are the future of our sport, you could be the Big Brother and fishing with the next Justin Lucas, John Bilhiemer, Sean Alarid or one of the Bennet brothers. In their eye's you will be their friend and pro fer life! Come on out and join us, we'll pay the launch, assist with getting you in and out of the water and feed ya with a huge Tri-Tip BBQ. Awesome moments in life are created by doing, just do it guys!
dltabssn

Re: C.O. Pro-Teen Still Short Boaters! Your help is needed!

Post by dltabssn »

Come on guys its time for u to step up. What could give you more satisfaction than introducing a kid to our wonderful sport. You don't have to burn 100 gallons of gas and god only knows some of you tourney guys spend mucho dollars on these weekend tourneys . I have stage three cancer and have been battling it for 15 years now .Some days its pretty painful to fish but I still keep going out. Wish I could have done more in the past but when I have been able to I have had a ball.See ya in the morning for a wonderful day.
gomester

Re: C.O. Pro-Teen Still Short Boaters! Your help is needed!

Post by gomester »

Wish I knew about this sooner. Cooch, please add me to the list as needed for next year. Boat is not fancy and fisherman is not the greatest but is a boat :).
pm me and I will shoot you my personal email for contact for the next one. Sounds like a great event and an awesome thing to do for these kids.