Favorite Swim Bait / Crankbait Pattern for Delta?

surfk9

Favorite Swim Bait / Crankbait Pattern for Delta?

Post by surfk9 »

Hey you Delta Rats...getting ready to put some paint to a 7 inch three pc glide bait....just curious what your "go-to" pattern for the Delta??? mine is a blue gill but....I've got waaayyy too many bluegill whats next...trout, shad, hitch baby bass??? i'll post a pic when its finished...here is a pic of a craw pattern I painted last winter....hand carved pvc 41/2 inches long slow sink...Go Fish!!!
Attachments
IMG_0242.JPG
be careful out there!!! HAVE FUN!!! Wear your PFD.....It could Save your Life
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Favorite Swim Bait / Crankbait Pattern for Delta?

Post by ash »

Bone white, baby bass, blue gill dont - I havnt thrown many glide baits, but for swimbaits the white or bluegill are pretty much my go to.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

Thanks for the reply Ash....was hoping someone would respond...will be making a decision in the next day or two...here's pic of a of a three piece "gill" i did a few months back...Go Fish!!
Attachments
001.JPG
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

SK9, You wanna make a swimmer, try makin one of these, It's a Delta Golden Shiner, our version of the Clearlake hitch! The big bass here just chomp em when not gorging on juvenile craws! I use a Big Hammer and the new Yamamoto Heart tail paddle tails that mimic this bait and they work wonders when the Delta bass are on em!
P1010397.JPG
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

Cooch thanks for the suggestion & photo will give it a try on my next lure!! I finished two this past week.... One is the three piece swim bait 7 inches in length ... My version of a Delta Split-tail.... It's a medium fast sinker. The other is a 5 inch blue gill glider
image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg
surfk9

Post by surfk9 »

cooch finally got around to attempting your suggestion....took a few liberties with other pics i found on the world wide web....medium fast sinker 5 inch body six inch with tail...hopefully the Big Girls will like it...thanks for the suggestion
Attachments
IMG_0668.JPG