New Bureau of Reclamation Fees

BestBassTournaments

New Bureau of Reclamation Fees

Post by BestBassTournaments »

Here are the latest fees that are implemented for New Melones and Lake Berryessa. This is another way that they are attacking the fishing industry.

Water Ski Clubs coming for other places NO CHARGE no way to track them
Sail Boat Clubs coming for other places NO CHARGE no way to track them
Eco Tours Clubs coming for other places NO CHARGE no way to track them

Do I need to go on

This schedule of fees applies to special recreation events conducted on lands and waters managed by the Central California Area Office (CCAO), Mid-Pacific Region, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation).

Special Event Classification 1

Small Fishing Tournament or Small Group Event. Fee $90

An early submission rate of $75 is available for applicants who submit all applicable documentation 45 days or more prior to the scheduled event. Applications may not be accepted less than 14 days prior to the event. A typical Special Event 1 is a small fishing tournament involving up to 25 boats, or an event involving up to 50 people, including the audience, and which meets all of the following conditions:

Special Event Classification 2

Mid-level Fishing Tournament or Mid-level Group Event. Fee $155

An early submission rate of $130 is available for applicants who submit all applicable documentation 45 days or more prior to the scheduled event. No applications will be accepted less than 14 days prior to the event. A typical Special Event 2 is a mid-level fishing tournament involving 26 to 50 boats, or an event involving up to 100 people, including the audience, and which meets one or more of the following conditions:

Special Event Classification 3

Large Fishing Tournament or Large Group Event. Fee $420

An early submission rate of $350 is available for applicants who submit all applicable documentation 45 days or more prior to the scheduled event. No applications will be accepted less than 14 days prior to the event. A typical Special Event 3 is a large fishing tournament involving 51 to 150 boats, or an event involving up to 300 people, including the audience, and which meets one or more of the following conditions:
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com
Thank you for your support and
Let's get on those Fish
reddog

Re: New Bureau of Reclamation Fees

Post by reddog »

There's gt to be some way to fight or argue this complete B@%#S&%$! How is this excused as "fair" to charge a fishing event for using public waters which we pay more for as fisherman than anyone else but NOT charge other organizations to use the same waters????
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

It is safe to say those lakes will not be on the schedules! Did anyone making the changes consider that the tournament directors for a 51 boat field would be losing money ? Lets see, run a tournament at a remote destination and lose at least $500 dollars to provide anglers a chance to fish for their own tournament entry fee money?

Why is everything a fight and why do we as fishing conservationist end up on the losing end every time? RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I think it's because no one has been able to make the connection between clean water, healthy fish, and fishermen loudly enough. Fishermen don't have a national voice.
Fish are like the canary in the coal mine. When water is bad, fish die, and fishermen have nothing to fish for.
Sail clubs and ski clubs don't need clean water for their pursuits.
We don't have a united front, we have a bunch of splintered, self-interested tournament trails who are too busy scrambling to try and survive to have the time and/or the money to lobby nationally.
So maybe fishermen need to unite with the Eco people, who seem to actually care about our environment. Not the PETA nuts, but people like the biologists at Fish and Wildlife. I know Kyle Murphy gives a damn about fishermen.
Birders also know that dirty water means dead fish, and that means no food for a lot of the birds they love, so the Audubon Society'd be another potential ally with national reach.
I know it's easier said than done, but that doesn't make it wrong.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Well said Mark! The rest of the business world, has finally caught on to the ideals and directions of today's tournament organizations intent to make money for me, me , me. Private enterprises, as well as state run, are now going after their piece of the pie, it's the American way. In the mean time, bass fishermen who fish competitively, are still just fishing for their own money, it makes no difference to them on the bottom line. Either way they are not hit hard enough to rally and be that vocal support mechanism to stand up and help fight the battles. Hence their continued demise in the west.
reddog

Post by reddog »

I've read this for the 3rd time now and I STILL can't figure out how a director is supposed to know how many people will be in the audience? So if you have a second tier event by boat quantity but a pack of 50 people show up to watch the weigh in will you then be hit for an additional charge or penalty? Slippery doesn't even begin to describe this.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Cooch,

Seems like everywhere a person turns these issue's are around us. I guess when the delta becomes a mud hole and the central valley has sunk 8 feet people might listen :)
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
kb

Post by kb »

OK to start with I want to contact Democratic Congressman Mike Thompson of the 5th District. Lake Berryessa sits in the middle of the 5th district and he is also one of the founding members of the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation that is founded to ensure our rights and heritage according to their webpage. We are dealing with a government agency and the only way to make any headway is to contact the folks that are involved and make the decisions as well as represent the area that will be financially effected.

The Congressman for the 3rd District is Republican Tom McClintock and he is an outdoorsman as well. His District is where Melones is located. I will be happy to get the ball rolling with contacting these two to see where we stand and see who we can count on to help with this fee. I am not saying there shouldn't be some fee for the use of these areas it just needs to be fair and it needs to not single out some groups and not others.

It is worth a try at least!

Kent Brown
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
reddog

Post by reddog »

Kent,
Well put and the correct way to go about things of this nature. If you are willing to take your time and get the ball rolling I don't know what help if any I can be but I'm available for whatever I can do. Sign something, picket something, whatever, this is ridiculous and unfortunately most of us are usually or have been until now just flat out to busy working and making a living to take the time needed to pay attention to what these organizations are doing behind our backs. It's really sad since they are supposed to be entrusted to "manage" these resources on our behalf and instead they are trying to think up ways to tax us to generate MORE revenue for their inflated budgets!
(406)224-3421
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

These fees have been around for several years. Aba nor cal put a 50 boat limit on their Berryessa tournaments.
Rick K of Ca

Post by Rick K of Ca »

The Berryessa swim will have over 500 and pay out over $20,000 but will not pay a fee.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

What if every money tournament held in California charged $1 per entrant for every tournament, and that money went to a full time fishing lobbyist or two (or three or four?) for our industry? Maybe a higher amount, say $10 per, for ones like FLW or any tournament with payout over a certain amount? Get donations from manufacturers to help to pay them, or to get more of them? We need something to change how it's all working out.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

Tried to email the Congressmen but if you don't have a zip code that is in their district they will not allow you to email them.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

crawdaddy wrote:Tried to email the Congressmen but if you don't have a zip code that is in their district they will not allow you to email them.
That is wrong. They are public servants, and public employees. We pay their salaries, benefits, healthcare, and pension. How can they not take our emails?
Public feedback (pressure) is how they learn what's happening in this State, and what their true constituents are thinking . It sure as he!! isn't by going to fund raisers thrown by industry and agribusiness to sell themselves and their votes.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY