Castaic Bass Club Memorial Challenge

mark poulson

Castaic Bass Club Memorial Challenge

Post by mark poulson »

As most of you already know, we lost our beloved Club President, Mike Iljin, last year to cancer, and his struggles were a large reason that we wound up canceling last year's Challenge.
But this year we're holding it again, not just to raise money, but to show that cancer can't beat us, no matter how hard it tries.
So if cancer has touched your life, or of someone near and dear to you, take this opportunity to join the Castaic Bass Club in celebrating life, as we thumb our noses at this devastating disease in the memory of Mike Iljin, Wes Carpenter, Manny Nunez, and all those it has taken from us too soon.
So here's the official announcement:

Club Members of SoCal,
It's time to start planning to compete in this year's annual Castaic Bass Club Memorial Challenge, hosted by the Castaic Bass Club, and it's still free.
Once again, it's being held Sunday, September 13, at Castaic Lake .
We will be working with the lake in the next few months as to where we think we will be able to launch from. So please check back here for updates.
The event is open to all members of chartered, insured bass clubs from the Southern California area, from San Diego to San Luis Obisbo, and from the Pacific to the Nevada border.
There is no entry fee, other than the actual vehicle and boat launch fees the Lake charges, $24, unless you already have annual passes.
Castaic is a quagga-free, clean and dry lake, and have a strict inspection regime in place, so having your boat both clean and dry is mandatory for admittance.
If you are already cabled by another SoCal lake, such as Pyramid, Perris, Silverwood, your cabling will be accepted by Castaic and you're good to go. If you have questions about your cable feel free to call the lake or visit their web site.
Here's a link to the Lake 's website, which has further info:http://www.castaiclake.com/index.html
The lake does remove you cabling, and record the info off it, so the whole system keeps track of where you've been.

There is no minimum number of boats per club for participation, so if only one boat shows up from you club, they can still compete.
There is a two club member per boat limit. This is a friendly competition, so we limit it to actual club members.
The weights of the three biggest bags from each club will be combined and will be the official weight of that club.
The club with the heaviest combined weight will be this year's winner, and will have their name engraved on the perpetual tophy, which is on permanent display at Lakeside Marine in Castaic.

Pre-registration is critical in helping us get the Challenge launched on time.
Please contact one of our club officers with the head count and team pairing names as soon as you have them, so we can get all that info into the computer ahead of time. Registration cut off date will be Wednesday, September 9. This will really speed the process at the lake on Challenge day.
Here's a list of contact info:
Officer's Title
Name (click to email)
Phone #
President
Ron Licari
(818) 601-1667
VP/Tournament Director
Kevin Miner
(661) 313-2961
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
propgun

Re: Castaic Bass Club Memorial Challenge

Post by propgun »

Bump\
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
http://www.theBBZ.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

propgun wrote:Bump\
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

mark poulson wrote:
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

mark poulson wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

mark poulson wrote:As most of you already know, we lost our beloved Club President, Mike Iljin, last year to cancer, and his struggles were a large reason that we wound up canceling last year's Challenge.
But this year we're holding it again, not just to raise money, but to show that cancer can't beat us, no matter how hard it tries.
So if cancer has touched your life, or of someone near and dear to you, take this opportunity to join the Castaic Bass Club in celebrating life, as we thumb our noses at this devastating disease in the memory of Mike Iljin, Wes Carpenter, Manny Nunez, and all those it has taken from us too soon.
So here's the official announcement:

Club Members of SoCal,
It's time to start planning to compete in this year's annual Castaic Bass Club Memorial Challenge, hosted by the Castaic Bass Club, and it's still free.
Once again, it's being held Sunday, September 13, at Castaic Lake .
We will be working with the lake in the next few months as to where we think we will be able to launch from. So please check back here for updates.
The event is open to all members of chartered, insured bass clubs from the Southern California area, from San Diego to San Luis Obisbo, and from the Pacific to the Nevada border.
There is a $20/boat entry fee, and the actual vehicle and boat launch fees the Lake charges, $24, unless you already have annual passes.
Castaic is a quagga-free, clean and dry lake, and have a strict inspection regime in place, so having your boat both clean and dry is mandatory for admittance.
If you are already cabled by another SoCal lake, such as Pyramid, Perris, Silverwood, your cabling will be accepted by Castaic and you're good to go. If you have questions about your cable feel free to call the lake or visit their web site.
Here's a link to the Lake 's website, which has further info:http://www.castaiclake.com/index.html
The lake does remove you cabling, and record the info off it, so the whole system keeps track of where you've been.

There is no minimum number of boats per club for participation, so if only one boat shows up from you club, they can still compete.
There is a two club member per boat limit. This is a friendly competition, so we limit it to actual club members.
The weights of the three biggest bags from each club will be combined and will be the official weight of that club.
The club with the heaviest combined weight will be this year's winner, and will have their name engraved on the perpetual tophy, which is on permanent display at Lakeside Marine in Castaic.

Pre-registration is critical in helping us get the Challenge launched on time.
Please contact one of our club officers with the head count and team pairing names as soon as you have them, so we can get all that info into the computer ahead of time. Registration cut off date will be Wednesday, September 9. This will really speed the process at the lake on Challenge day.
Here's a list of contact info:
Officer's Title
Name (click to email)
Phone #
President
Ron Licari
(818) 601-1667
VP/Tournament Director
Kevin Miner
(661) 313-2961
Last edited by mark poulson on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

A new month, another reminder....put it in your club's calender, and let us know you're coming.
CLEAN AND DRY
propgun

Post by propgun »

September will be here before we know it. Lets start talking challenge tournament @ Castaic Lake
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
propgun

Post by propgun »

Ok guys lets start talking about the Castaic Bass Club Memorial club Challenge Tournament September 13 Castaic Lake. Yes you heard me IT"S BACK!!! After a short Hiatus from last year we are back. Heres what you got to look forward to, 6hr tournament free BBQ, Raffle prizes galore and all for a $20 per boat entry fee. 100% payout on Big fish and big bag. Then there is the bragging rights that will go with the club who win plus your club name on the famous trophy that usually sit down at Lakeside Marine. So lets get to talking about this in your clubs and let us know how many boats and a list of names so that can do some pre registration to speed up the morning process. Dead line for pre registration will be September 10th. After that we'll do what we have to in the morning to speed you through the line quickly. So start making plans to come out spend the day with old friends and possible make some new ones. As well as remembering the ones we lost.
558259_10151716812653515_1070388735_n.jpg
heavy bag for the day
1236904_10151716812648515_1349294017_n.jpg
winning club
1238801_10151716812658515_965410800_n.jpg
Big fish for the day
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
propgun

Post by propgun »

CBC
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
propgun

Post by propgun »

CBC
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
propgun

Post by propgun »

CBC
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
propgun

Post by propgun »

Well it 2 months a way please contact the club and get your clubs list of teams in so that we can speed up the registration process in the morning.
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Remember to contact one of the officers with your club's roster as soon as you know it, so it can be entered into the computer early. That way things go much faster on Challenge Day, and the launch won't be delayed.
Same day signups are okay, too, but early signups help things go faster.
CLEAN AND DRY
propgun

Post by propgun »

Ok folks we are coming to the end of August here soon. It would be very helpful if we could get club roster of teams for this tourney so that we can speed up the sign ups in the morning. Please send your rosters to Kevin Miner or Ron Licari @ coachkevm@yahoo.com or popgun@yahoo.com
We have really great stuff for our raffle some of the companies on board so far are
Bassboatseats.com
Phoenix rods
Dude Wipes
Ardent outdoors
and many more
Thanks in advance for the help and hope to see you all out on the water in September
Ron Licari

www.peregrine250.com
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

With the 1st of September only a few days away that can only mean one thing.....THE CASTAIC BASS CLUB CHALLENGE is almost here!!! This is always a fun day on the water and the raffle is one of the best, if not the best, of any tournament out there!! This is a "FREE" tournament which includes a BBQ. There is a $20 option that each boat can get into which 1/2 goes to Big Bag and the other 1/2 goes to Big Fish...winner takes all!! Raffle tickets will be sold at the BBQ for $1 each. Some of the generous sponsors that have donated product so far are:
BassBoatSeats.com
Phoenix Rods
Big Bite Baits
Hooks by Ty
Mike D (from Lunkerville)
Vicious fishing line
AKUA boat fenders
Picasso Lures
Towtector
Dude Wipes
DoDo plugs
Fish the Grind Apparel
with more companies in the works!!
Get your club entries in to Kevin Miner at coachkevm32@sbcglobal.com or email me for more info or with questions. We really would like entries in prior to Saturday September 12.
Thanks
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
dodoman

Post by dodoman »

Dodoplugs is proud to be one of the sponsors for this event.
Will be donating our newest release of the DPS series.
Attachments
11865002_733915803401854_5618636503855197516_o.jpg
11882289_733919186734849_5014124114692676391_o.jpg
[img]http://www.mickeysindahouse.com/Dodo_SIG_B.png[/img]
THE WOODS, D.V.L., SKINNER HOE
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Also just added BIWAA USA and CCC Baits to the list of generous sponsors!! Get your club signed up!!
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Add Blue Water LED to the list of awesome sponsors!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Hoo Rag has donated to the raffle.......the prizes just keep coming!! get your club signed up!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

you can now have a chance to add some LIFE LIKE PLASTICS to your arsenal if your club comes and participates in the challenge!! Thanks Ken Matthews for your generosity!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

And the Sponsors/Donors keep coming in!!! You can now look forward to having a shot at some Owner Hooks!!

I also want to give a HUGE shout out and BIG THANK YOU to Nick and Ann at Trolling Motor Dr. for continuing to support the CBC!! They have once again donated a VERY nice prize and I will keep it a secret for now....but it is a GREAT prize!!!

The event is starting to take shape and we are up to around 40 boats representing 6 clubs. There is still time to get your club registered...contact me to find out more info.
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

I barely finish typing and get another email confirming a sponsor and you can count COUSINS RODS in as another great company that supports the event!!! Thank you Cousins Rods!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Just got 2 more confirmations today.....you can now include Tackle Express, and HUKgear to the growing list of generous sponsors/donors!!!

Get your club signed up!!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Are your rods protected? If not then you have a chance to win some Rod Glove protective covers if you and your club comes out and fishes the challenge on Sept. 13.

Thank You Rod Glove for your generosity!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

OK...who is gonna get "Lucky" and win a LUCKY TACKLE BOX that was donated?!?!?! There will be 3 up for grabs!!

Get your club signed up!!!
Kevin

Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

FYI anglers;

I fished Castaic today with no seal on my boat. I was SUPER clean and dry had not had my boat wet since April. During my extremely detailed quagga inspection the inspector informed me that my boat was in good condition but that the Igloo ice chest I had my Gatorade and snacks in was going to be the cause for failing boat inspection. They picked up the Igloo ice chest and felt a mild bit of wetness underneath from the ice chest on my carpet. I explained to the inspector that I had put the ice chest (with ice) in the boat three minutes earlier only after arriving to the inspection area... The inspector told me since that was the case I would be allowed to enter but that many before me have been turned away for the same reason... Castaic inspectors have been instructed by their management to fail all boats that are wet or have water in it, including an Igloo ice chest that is carrying your drinks.

I have worked in the water industry for over 25yrs.. I understand the inspection process and the importance of the process. I have NEVER failed an inspection but after today's experience I'm left shaking my head! WOW.. Really a separate Igloo cooler with drinks and snacks? Thought you all might want to know!

See u on the water; Big Ed!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

A few things:
1. The Challenge is 1 week away so if you want to fish in a fun event then get your names in.
2. I work part time at the lake and inspect boats and want to make sure you guys know that we are being instructed to be extremely careful in our inspections. Dry means Dry and that includes carpet, lockers, seats, ice chests etc.. The lake does not want to get infected and we went through new training and inspections should be stricter from now on. With that said, leave the ice out of ice chests (the ones in the boat) and keep the boat dry and clean and you will have no problems.
3. The list of sponsors/donors continues to grow.

The Challenge raffle will include awesome product from Peregrine 250 and we thank Roger Larocque for his support of the event!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

LESS THAN A WEEK UNTIL THE CASTAIC BASS CLUB MEMORIAL CHALLENGE!!! THERE IS STILL TIME TO GET YOUR CLUB SIGNED UP....1 BOAT, 2 BOATS, 15 BOATS....GET SIGNED UP AND DON'T MISS OUT ON ONE OF THE BEST RAFFLES!!!

JUST ADDED SPONSOR/DONOR:
LIQUID MAYHEM (www.liquidmayhem.ca) FISH ATTRACTANT. GO CHECK THEM OUT!!

YOUR CLUB CAN CONTACT ME AT
COACHKEVM32@SBCGLOBAL.NET

HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE WATER.
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

So the Challenge is really taking shape and the generosity of sponsors continues.....I am happy to announce that Hardcore Bass Fishing (http://www.hardcorebassfishingonline.co ... ducts.html) and Team Davies (http://www.teamdavies.com/) have come on board to offer some great products for the raffle!! Thanks to all of the sponsors that have given to this great event!!

For all the clubs that have signed up...please contact me for info on gate being used and opening time. I can be reached at coachkevm32@sbcglobal.net

Looking forward to a great day on the water!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Tomorrow is the BIG day!! I hope that all clubs that are interested in fishing have signed up as we are not taking sign ups at the lake. You must have teams in by tonight because the lake has asked us to have a list at the entrance to make sure that everyone entering early is fishing in the challenge. It looks like as of now we are close to 50 boats signed up and we will have 3 flights. The BBQ will be ready as you weigh in and release your fish. We will also be selling raffle tickets. Here are the specifics:
The tourney gate which is located before the main entrance will be open at 5:15am
All teams will need to check in to get boat number...please do this right away after parking.
We will do a rules meeting at 6am and then head toward the ramp to begin launching (as long as lifeguards are ready for us).
The options are $20 (cash) for each boat and $10 will go towards big bag and $10 will go to Big Fish with winner taking all!!!
There are some High Dollar items being raffled off so bring plenty of cash for the raffle!!!
Any questions and you can contact me at 661-313-2961
Kevin

mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Are you using the kiosk where the tourney gate road enters the parking lot for checkin?
CLEAN AND DRY
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

There will be a table set up for check in. Please go in and pay get signed up as you come down the hill and then park and come check in. I will have the table lit up.

See everyone in the morning.
Kevin