Selling tips for all classifieds

Mitch

Selling tips for all classifieds

Post by Mitch »

Just a heads up on listing a boat or any other item for sale:

1. List ALL the information about what you are selling.
Manufacture, Year, Model, Length, Single/Duel consoles Extras Any warranty left
Motor, Model, HP, EFI or Rated, HRS, Prop Any warranty left
Trolling Motor, Manufacture, Volt, Thrust
Graphs, Manufacture, Model, size, Side scan, etc.
Any recently replaced or repaired items.
List any flaws or known damage !! Be fair to the buyer, don't waste his time coming to see something that is
misrepresented !!
ANY and all OTHER ACCESSORIES

2. PICTURES, Pictures, pictures. front, back, both sides, inside, motor, etc the more, the better !! Pictures sell. Add a VIDEO if possible.

3. YOUR NAME and how to contact you !!

4. INCLUDE THE PRICE !!! What are you afraid of ???? Most sites will not even allow a post without the price listed.

I personally would NOT even waste my time on ANY listing that did not include ALL of the above. I've listed in the morning and SOLD that very afternoon !!!

Western Bass is a fantastic place to sell ANYTHING !! And best of all, IT'S FREE !!! I can't even remember how many things i've sold on here ! Boats(4), Rods(8), Reels(4), Graphs(5) , Props (3), Jack Plates (2) and that's just what I can remember, lol. Use it, IT WORKS !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Beau

Re: Selling tips for all classifieds

Post by Beau »

Most importantly it might help to respond when someone expresses interest in what you are selling.
Later.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Beau wrote:Most importantly it might help to respond when someone expresses interest in what you are selling.
Later.
SO VERY TRUE !!!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
ginodnjoe

Post by ginodnjoe »

GREAT TIPS! My only complaint is they let dealers also post free ads. It's aggrivating when your ad gets bumped to the bottom because some dealer that's too cheap to pay for ads just posted a rediculous amount of ads in front of you. Here's my tip,,,, hey dealers PAY FOR YOUR ADS! Leave this section for the private parties. Just my opinion... Tight lines.
03' Skeeter ZX225
MT

Post by MT »

Pretty sure all the dealers who post ads are also paying sponsors of the board.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I don't mind the dealers posting, but they should have they're own section, and they also should be required to post the PRICES !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
NRX

Post by NRX »

I agree with you Mitch I don't mind them posting but dam put the price! Not just great boat very clean and guess what it was garage kept!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know my price limit I know I don't want a boat with 600 hours or whatever the case may be.

Like they say what do you guys have to hide??

So don't be your average car salesmen and post the dam facts right off the bat so we don't have to call and waste each other's time just my opinion!
phatbass

Post by phatbass »

Nixons!!
ginodnjoe

Post by ginodnjoe »

Don't want to offend anyone but Nixons actually proved my point about dealers asking way too much for their boats. Look at their ad for the '03 zx200. $22,000? This section should be reserved for private parties. WB should create a separate section for dealers... just my opinion. Tight lines...
03' Skeeter ZX225
Popper

Post by Popper »

ginodnjoe wrote:Don't want to offend anyone but Nixons actually proved my point about dealers asking way too much for their boats. Look at their ad for the '03 zx200. $22,000? This section should be reserved for private parties. WB should create a separate section for dealers... just my opinion. Tight lines...
Based on your evaluation of the prices:

-We assumed you've seen these boats.
-examined every inch of the hulls
-test ride the new and used boats
-review the current CPU data for used ones
-review maintenance records
-completed a cost analysis of New verses Used calculating depreciation
-consulted with a certified Outboard Marine mechanic on the CPU data and engine evaluations
-review all the accessories and added up the cost, rigging, etc...
-review and accounted for overhead, storage, financing and other business related cost to do business
Last edited by Popper on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ginodnjoe

Post by ginodnjoe »

As I said I didn't want to offend. I've been around bass boats for over 30 years. The market is the market. I have an '03 zx225 with a Yamaha 225 hpdi with less hours, garage kept, meticulously maintained and literally looks like new. I would never get close to $22,000. It is what it is my friend.....
03' Skeeter ZX225
Popper

Post by Popper »

ginodnjoe wrote:As I said I didn't want to offend. I've been around bass boats for over 30 years. The market is the market. I have an '03 zx225 with a Yamaha 225 hpdi with less hours, garage kept, meticulously maintained and literally looks like new. I would never get close to $22,000. It is what it is my friend.....
No offensive taken as the subject about boats.
Nothing personal here.......
-Sounds like you've a very nice boat, and I'd be more optimistic about its value.

-The price of new boats are very expensive in any brand today.
A well maintain "used" boat,motor and trailer sold at half or more than retail "new" is a better option.
The market always looking for "steals", and this is normal.

To post a blanket statement regarding Boat pricing should be based on details, and not an opnion or perception.
Retailers (boats, cars, etc...) are always going to be listed higher than private parties.
There's over head cost selling anything, and obviously these retailers are not running a non-profit business.
As I listed above, there are numerous factors to consider in pricing.

Agreed,
The swarm of dealer ads is excessive and should be limited, but this is an issue with WB.