gen 3 newbie questions

Moderator: Ken Sauret

jusnitta

gen 3 newbie questions

Post by jusnitta »

I just purchased a gen 3 hds 9 it came with the lss2 transducer. How do I use or what else do I need to use the 3d structure scan?
Gary Dobyns

Re: gen 3 newbie questions

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Mike Campbell did a great seminar at Gone Fishing Marine on the Gen 3 yesterday. In the conversation he said 3D was shipping in the next few weeks. It's an added part that will almost certainly be included when they update again. ( maybe Gen 4 )
kmah

Post by kmah »

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/ ... an-3D.aspx

As Gary mention the hardware is ready to ship. You will need to purchased what's indicated in the above link. You should be able to sell your LSS-2. Once the software update is announced (estimated within the next 20-40 days) they will begin shipping.

The LSS-2 transducer has 3 dedicated crystals in it. Left/right and down scan.

The new 3d transducer has 9 crystals in it. It's the same length and has same mounting foot print as the LSS-2 except it's taller.

Hope this helps

K. Mah
jusnitta

Post by jusnitta »

Would it be a easy swap out or would I have to run new wires and remove the old transducer wire?
kmah wrote:http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/ ... an-3D.aspx

As Gary mention the hardware is ready to ship. You will need to purchased what's indicated in the above link. You should be able to sell your LSS-2. Once the software update is announced (estimated within the next 20-40 days) they will begin shipping.

The LSS-2 transducer has 3 dedicated crystals in it. Left/right and down scan.

The new 3d transducer has 9 crystals in it. It's the same length and has same mounting foot print as the LSS-2 except it's taller.

Hope this helps

K. Mah
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

It will basically be completely new hardware. There will be a new transducer that will go in the same place as your LSS-2. There will be a module that requires power. The module needs to be mounted somewhere like in a rod locker. The transducer connects to the module and Ethernet cables connect to all the units you want to display the SS 3D. Not complicated but it is a full new install. You might be able to sell your LSS-2 although the prices are really coming down on those with the anticipation of the 3D coming out soon.

NoCAL