How is Don Pedro Doing

Rod Martin

How is Don Pedro Doing

Post by Rod Martin »

Thinking I might be out there in Feb.- March. Was wanting to fish Pedro again.
Its been a while since I was on that lake.

Thanks
Rod
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Whoopbass

Re: How is Don Pedro Doing

Post by Whoopbass »

I was there a few days ago and it was pretty tough. Water level is low but still very fishable. The ramp is paved so launching is not a problem. Still waiting on this El Nino thing. If it does hit there could be a lot of debris in the water come Feb-Mar.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Thanks.

Any big ones coming out of there now ?
Giants55

Post by Giants55 »

I was out last Saturday. Fished from 11-430 and it was tough. Fish main lake to the bridge. Fish seemed scattered, some in back of pockets and some on points. Had 2 follow s waver to boat with no takers, both were big fish. Caught 6 total, nothing big and all were spotted bass in 20-30 feet on mmIII on a shakey head. Tried jigs, crankbaits, rip baits and swim baits and I found it to be really tough. I think I could have caught more on plastics, but couldn't put the swim bait down. Water temps were still above 50 and water is slowly coming up and I already saw quite a few logs floating. May only be a twig sticking up out of water, but wheb you drive by it, it may be attached to a big log. Should get better as the water temp drops. Good luck and be safe!
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I guess I fish to many memories . I used to fish a lot up there with Rick Hoover, He would throw a jig and I would sit back with 3 rods and clean up anything he left. Using a pro gold red flake, Purple death and a 6' zoom cotton candy lizard and sometimes a deadly duo greene wennie . Always seemed to catch something on those lures