Thinking about getting new electronics (questions)

McLovin

Thinking about getting new electronics (questions)

Post by McLovin »

Thinking about hds 9 with ss. The boat shop told me I should get the gen 3 because there a lot easier on your battery. Do you think this is true ? Also has anyone here had any experience with garmon, they have some stuff coming out next month that looks like the hds structure scan,and there a lot cheaper. Thanks

Jesse ochoa
McLovin

Re: Thinking about getting new electronics (questions)

Post by McLovin »

Sorry, I put this in the wrong place. I can't figure out how to delete it.
kmah

Post by kmah »

If you can afford the gen 3 get them. Not for the battery issue, I've run them since the gen 1's and long before, if your battery is in good condition none of them will affect it.

Graphs are like smart phones now, the next gens are around the corner, and with that new software and features are available. For sure here are just a few things you are getting with the gen 3s:
Pinch to zoom
Full on screen interface
Full button functionality (when wearing gloves)
Faster
Full scroll analog button
Gofree wifi built in

Good luck the touch units are extremely easy to use.

K. Mah
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Thanks for the response ken. It's getting a little confusing for me trying to figure out what I need. I got talked into fishing the wild west pro/ams and one trip to shasta showed me I need some better electronics.
Diesel Guy

Post by Diesel Guy »

I think the answer to your just personal preference. I've seen, and used all models of HDS units. I don't find the newer units any more user friendly, and they certainly don't help you catch more fish. They have more bells and whistles and are probably "cooler" for show in tell purposes though. Also think long and hard about structure scan. If your strictly a west coast lake fishermen your wasting your $ imo. I ordered on a new boat a while back and it's was a waste of $. My boats since I leave off. Most local guys will tell you the same. Good luck.